Glass/reflections/alpha channel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass/reflections/alpha channel ?

Hope somebody - who is a bit more in to rendering than me - can explain a little thing for me :

I am used to do renderings of buildings (exterior and interior !). My question is as follows.....

When rendering interiors with glass (with reflection/refraction) I used to place a "stage" on the outside of my building - with a bitmap of the sorrounding area to give it a more realistic touch. But now - when using Vray - I use the invoronment multiplier a lot and this seems to make my "outdoor" bitmap VERY bright. Is there a way to render the scene with the glass and its reflections WITHOUT the outdoor bitmap - and then place the picture in the scene later in photoshop ? I normally render as tiff and then use the alpha channel in photoshop - BUT - then I don´t get my reflections in the glass with me !!!!!

Reading the above I know that it is VERY badly explained - but I hope somebody understands what I´m trying to say

In advance - thanks for your time and be good !

- rolnik

Play with the Generate GI & Receive GI parameters in the VRAY Properties for your background object. That will allow you to get the brightness of your background down to the desired level.

Comment

Thanx for the tip !

But where do I set VRAY properties for a specific object ?

I´ll try and figure it out my self - but if you happen to drop by again and have time then please tell me !

Have a good day !

Comment

I have the VRay Properties configured into my Right Click menu.

You can assign it either to a shortcut, tool bar or quad menu from the Customize User Interface panel. Group=Main UI and Category=VRay. This was introduced in VRay 1.09.03j.

Alternatively, if you place your background material into a VRayMtlWrapper, you can set the same properties there.

Comment

Thanx for the help !!!!

Comment

Working...
          X