Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make bathroom more shiny

Hi guys,
    client wants this bathroom to be more shiny, of course not more reflective but I'm guessing more highlights.
    So in the second version (with hexagons) I added three lights around the bathroom 50x50 in size and 200 multiplier. They only affect reflections, tried specular too but it didn't give me what I wanted. So the second version is more shiny but the decorative tiles are still rather flat.
    Any ideas how to make the look less plastic? The camera angle is the problem too but we have to use that one.

Decorative tiles had fresnel reflection but then I just went for straight reflection with .99 glosiness, and vrayblend another material with 0.6 glosiness to give them more depth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Karisma-suite0004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	884960

Click image for larger version

Name:	Karisma-bath-hex0004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	444.2 KB
ID:	884961
    www.hrvojedesign.com

what is behind the camera? a door or window? if so you have an excuse to put a plane light in there, perhaps with a vray softbox texture on it. Which will add highlights.
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Yep - white things reflecting white things won't give you much contrast - you'd have to make the lighting of the bathroom a tiny bit darker to allow a bit more headroom for your "pings" of light. Agree with wert on adding in a more interesting thing to reflect to give your reflections something to work with.

Comment

Only a door behind a camera but I faked a light in the corner as if there's a window there.

Cool, will try a vray softbox texture....never used that.
        www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Working...
        X