Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay licences, render slaves etc

Hi

I am a bit confused ............. I have 2 dongles (2 registered licences), mine and a colleagues, one on each workstation and a dual Xeon 'render farm' setup as slave Max and VRay. What does that mean in rendering 'power' ?

If the dual renderfarm is rendering a job sent via the network, on both processors, will I be able to (or my colleague) still be able to render on our workstations ? We have experimented with the licence server IP's, leaving the local host (127.0.0.1) and entering my own IP and my colleagues, but still seem to run out of licences every now and then.

My understanding was one registered licence = one licence (workstation) plus one render node, so 2 licences should be 4 'render' licences, 2 workstation licences and 2 render/slave licences.

In a post of 2009'ish I saw it mentioned 10 distributed licences per registered licence and ............... unlimited slave nodes for network rendering, I certainly can't get that many, or have I set up the network rendering wrong ?

Max 2016, VRay3.3

thanks in advance

Spike

The license policy has changed since version 3.x so the post from 2009 is no longer authoritative.

Workstation license is actually the GUI license, this license is only engaged when working with V-Ray Interface Menus and it is not used for rendering.
    The render node licenses are the ones used for rendering, so if you have a 2 render node licenses you will be able to render on two machines simultaneously but not on more.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
    X