No announcement yet.

.vrmesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the vrmesh has been exported, is there any way to modify the UVW mapping of the geometry ?

This is assuming that the UVW mapping has already been applied in the original model.

N
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

When the vrmesh has been exported, is there any way to modify the UVW mapping of the geometry?
      Nope. The vrmesh saves the original UVW coordinates which are present when the mesh is exported. Once you export the mesh, you can't modify it in any way in 3dsmax.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I need to put cars into my scene but a couple of problems are evident;

a. a single vrmesh doesn't allow me to apply materials to individual elements and

b. when the vrmesh is exported as individual elements, on import to max - each piece ends up in random places in virtual space

Is there any way around this? I am using 1.45.7

Thanks

N
        www.morphic.tv
        www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Would it make any difference if I used a Multi-sub object material?
          www.morphic.tv
          www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

yes make it one mesh and have all your materials saved as a multisubobject and it works fine.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

stupid simple qustion: How do you make 1 mesh in max out of for example 3 spheres?

wouter
              Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

you make them edit meshes or editable polys and then just attach them all.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Thanks for that.

I have given it a shot and really don't understand why certain things happen.

I have a fully textured car in individual elements so ;

a. open material editor and select a Multi sub object material - discard old material

b. select the first materal

c. select the pick material from object tool and select the car body (successfully, the car body material is transfered into the first slot)

d. go to material 2 and select it, then

d. using the same process, select the car glass geometry and the Multi sub material is entirely replaced with the glass material ?????

What is going on ?
                  www.morphic.tv
                  www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Just Attach the objects together like Flipside said and max will automaticly generate the material ID's and the MultiMat.
                    Eric Boer
                    Dev

Comment

Thanks very much for your help - I am continually astonished by the power of VRay.

N
                      www.morphic.tv
                      www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X