fixed 'noise' in animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixed 'noise' in animation

I was rendering an animation and noticed that the noise of glossy reflections seems to be fixed from frame to frame, whereas I would expect it to be fixed to the geometry. Now it looks (for example when you zoom in on an object with glossy reflection) that the noise is an overlay over the screen. Can this be avoided?
    This happens both in 1.09.03r as in 1.45.70

See also
    http://members.home.nl/dezwart/test/noise-problem.avi
    divx 5.2 codec
    You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

I would be interested in an answer to this as well! I'm having a similiar problem with a still image.

Tony

Comment

It looks like a compression issue not a glossy reflection issue. have you rendered out just a still image to see if the problem is there?
      Also what are the settings on the vray lights in the scene?

Chris Jackson
      cj@arcad.co.nz
      www.arcad.co.nz
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I can see what you mean .. perhaps this has been done to avoid flickering of glossies ? have you tried a different AA method, perhaps fixed would help?
        Natty
        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

yeah i had exactly the same issue...no more glossies flickering but big barely visible noise.
          try increasing the "global subdivs multiplier", in the QMC settings. it solved it for me.
          for some strange reason rendertimes didn't even really slow down.
          Marc Lorenz
          ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
          www.marclorenz.com
          www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

You could try lowering value of the importnce sampler in the QMC rollout. I could make things slower, but should clean up the noise a bit. Of course more glossy subdivs in the material should also help.
            Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Thanks all for your answers,

it is not a compression issue, first I made an uncompressed version. It could well be that this is programmed to avoid flickering. First I thought it was a setting like with irradiance that you can use fixed to screen sampling.

I will try increasing subdivs or QMC values to see if that helps
              You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Re: fixed 'noise' in animation

Originally posted by Gijs
                ...that the noise is an overlay over the screen. Can this be avoided?
                This happens both in 1.09.03r as in 1.45.70
                hmmm... there is a switch in the QMC Rollout "Lock to Pixel" if it´s on (default) it will move/look like an overlay.
                If it´s off, the overlay
                look will disapear, but it will start to flicker. (depending on the samples)
                Maybe that´s what you meant

Comment

Working...
                X