Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a license of VRay Advanced they want to sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lololololol ...yeah right ... and why would one want to sell it in the first place ?
    Chaos offered it at a special low price of 20% off .. which equates to $639 i do believe.... if thats still on offer ... go for that.
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

when i graduate and become a big guy i will buy a full version of it.... while i am a student and poor, i get satisfied in use the vray free (just becouse is easyer piss of my mum to buy me a new hardware than a software)

hugs to all...

Comment

Originally posted by loafer87gt
        Right now my decisions are to upgrade to Viz 5 and give FR a try, stick with the Viz4 Radiosity Renderer, or give VRay a shot.
        Maybe I can save you some money: Don't bother with finalRender Stage-1 (or Stage-2 if you own Maya). I bought the TS Toolkit and it came in the box. After an initial period of enthuastic learning I was quite disapointed by many things. fR seems to have all the features you want in a super render engine. They can show you nice isolated examples of each feature which look damn impressive. Try to use them in combination and.... BAMP! Your render time shoots into the sky like a rocket. On many occasions, the renders just don't finish, even if you let them run as long as they will. Either fR crashes Max or the box crashes. Flaky is the operative word for fR. This is most accute in Distributed Rendering. Here are my list of complaints

(1) Microtriangle displacement takes forver and doesn't look better than VRay or MentalRay which can do this extremely quickly.

(2) 150,000 poly will slow the engine down. Forget serious scene work where you may need several million poly.

(3) Sub-surface scattering takes a million years, seldom finishes, and doesn't look good in comparison to the absorbtion fake we use here in VRay land. MentalRay 3.3 SSS nukes them to death.

(4) Caustics, while pretty good, really can't compare to what you can do with VRay.

(5) Dispurtion flat-cold doesn't work in most circumstances. Only the most contrived examples can show the effect.

(6) While ImageGI is very fast and very efficient, it doesn't look better than the Irradiance mapping done by VRay.

(7) Don't even think about using the Quasi-Monte Carlo GI. It will take a million years and never finish.

In short, I think the render world is essentially a two horse race: It's MentalRay and VRay in a fight to the finish. Most of the other render engines have disqualifying knocks on them (including Renderman).

Comment

Working...
        X