Vexus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
    YUP that's the very plugin I was talking about and just saw a post they made on their site just last month that they are still developing it.I wrote a not to positive comment in the cust review but it will most likely never be see by the public as its currently "up for review". At this point Im no longer angry, just don't want anything to do with them. I didn't expect my ass to be kissed but I do expect a certain level of service and they were no where near that.

yes agree with sentiments on joker martini and andru phoenix - they are proper scammers i got burnt on ATK.

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
      Support is one of the most important things, in my opinion. I went to Itoo Software, from iCube, for that very reason. The Random Control guys have gone MIA, which isn't good at all. Everyone has an excuse, but I would go out of business if I blew off my customers. A total lack of respect!
      ah i was about to mention Random Control as well.
      ill never buy from them again either, I should have just used the cracked version tbh......

Comment

You might think that they have 1000's of emails, and they just can't get through them, but when you go to the developer's forum and there are support posts that go months without a response. It might be quick money and they really have no business being in business, anyway. I would bet that most of these plugins are just hobbies and they have full-time jobs and families. When I was working full time and I freelanced, I made people 100% aware that I am working for them on the side and I ask that they be patient.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

yep i posted on email and forums but no reply at all
          i see they are releasing Arion FX for Nuke (and hopefully that means OFX so I can use it in fusion....)

(ill be pirating that one )

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
            YUP that's the very plugin I was talking about and just saw a post they made on their site just last month that they are still developing it.I wrote a not to positive comment in the cust review but it will most likely never be see by the public as its currently "up for review". At this point Im no longer angry, just don't want anything to do with them. I didn't expect my ass to be kissed but I do expect a certain level of service and they were no where near that.
            Ok, we agree
            Nicolas Caplat
            www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Bad support can make or break a project.
              Vexus is being sold by Boomer labs. Anyone know what the connection is between Boomer labs and Joker Martini?

Comment

Pretty much the same experience I had with my ATK purchase. I think I encountered some bugs but my support emails were never answered and forum threads describing the same problems have been unanswered for months.
                Luckily it still saved me some time for a few projects so I can't say it was a waste of money.

But I still think support is a crucial part of business and until now I haven't encountered anyone who does it better than Chaos Group and iToo Software.

While Vexus does look interesting given the history and the price of the software it is definitely a no buy for me.
                Cheers,
                Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

Originally posted by ralphr View Post
                  While Vexus does look interesting given the history and the price of the software it is definitely a no buy for me.
                  I take the risk to give an "insisting-guy" feeling, but it's one more reason to give Reindeer / David Holmedal a chance. The tool is already usable (while still in beta), David is a very skilled and nice guy, answers e-mails (well, he's currently on honeymoon, so be indulgent), and Reindeer is very affordable. The only thing we could argue about Reindeer is probably its UI, so it depends on how important this aspect is for you.
                  I want to precise that I have no financial interest of any kind with Reindeer, I'm just very enthusiastic about it and want to help as much as possible making it a great tool we can use daily. IMO 3dsmax has missed such a tool for too long.
                  Nicolas Caplat
                  www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Anyone knows what is the difference between Reindeer and State Sets which comes integrated in Max? I might buy it if it works better.
                    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
                      Anyone knows what is the difference between Reindeer and State Sets which comes integrated in Max? I might buy it if it works better.
                      The difference ? it's simply not the same thing ... Reindeer can do what State Sets do, but much more as well. Please check the videos David put online to see several possibilities of using it (much more to come in the next weeks): http://animathings.com/post/142799835029/reindeer
                      Nicolas Caplat
                      www.intangibles.fr

Comment

I watched the videos and read the marketing info and according to them it does pretty much the same thing as what State Sets does. That's why I asked if someone used both and can tell the pros compared to State Sets which come integrated free. What did you mean when you said it can do "much more"? I need just simple explanation why it is better and what it can do that State Sets can't. Tell it like you wanted to sell it to me. Is it easier and faster to set up different outputs/passes than State Sets?
                        Last edited by Alex_M; 20-09-2016, 03:16 AM.
                        Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
                          I watched the videos and read the marketing info and according to them it does pretty much the same thing as what State Sets does. That's why I asked if someone used both and can tell the pros compared to State Sets which come integrated free. What did you mean when you said it can do "much more"? I need just simple explanation why it is better and what it can do that State Sets can't. Tell it like you wanted to sell it to me. Is it easier and faster to set up different outputs/passes than State Sets?
                          Eheh the best sales man would be David Holmedal, the dev of Reindeer.

The first (and basic) use I made with Reindeer is as batch rendering tool. TBH I haven't opened State Sets for a while now, but please correct me if I'm wrong, we can't do efficient multiple cameras handling with State Sets, can we ? by efficient, I mean different resolution by camera, output versioning, hide or show particular layers / objects by cameras, and so on. Again, State Sets proposes "sort" of batch rendering (Sequencer), but it didn't match our needs when I tested it. I'm not saying State Sets is a bad tool (maybe it actually is, but my experience with it is unsufficient to affirm it), it just doesn't match our needs.

Also, for PhoenixFD or FumeFX users, Reindeer offers batch simulation and rendering automatically (once correctly set up). One can virtually make anything batch and automatic, whether with existing nodes, or with some scripts (Reindeer comes with many samples, and more to come AFAIK). If you have other questions, feel free to drop David an email, I can hardly talk for him
                          Last edited by NicoC; 20-09-2016, 05:16 AM.
                          Nicolas Caplat
                          www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Originally posted by squintnic View Post
                            ah i was about to mention Random Control as well.
                            ill never buy from them again either, I should have just used the cracked version tbh......
                            Hi,
                            I use Arion FX for Photoshop. The last update did not work with an AMD graphics card. I told them about it on Facebook and it was fixed in just a few days.
                            I found them to be very responsive.

Comment

Am still probably going to get Vexus. It looks impressive and as someone who free lances and regularly uses Max and Maya a stand alone app that could be used for either would be very useful.

Not sure about Joker Martini (although he has given a lot of stuff away for free!) but when I dealt with Boomer labs years ago (max to ae plugin) they were pretty good.

Comment

Indeed, if you use both 3dsmax and Maya, Vexus is a choice that makes sense.
                                I agree about Boomer Labs - that can appear a bit reinsuring to know there's a company behind, not like with ATK. On my side, I'll stick to Reindeer for a while !
                                pg1 - I'm curious to get your feedback after you start to use Vexus
                                Nicolas Caplat
                                www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Working...
                                X