No announcement yet.

Vexus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately Reindeer dosn't seem to be able to save multilayered exr's because it dosn't supports the VFB for some reason.
    So you can't use resumable rendering and the standalone denoiser. Which makes it unusable for me right now... Hopefully he'll fix this soon.
    @ChaosGroup: are you working with him? I find it a little odd that he dosn't seem to be able to use the VFB. I've seen other plugins and scripts triggering renderings with the use of the VFB. Lesser complex though.
    Last edited by Ihno; 17-01-2017, 03:09 AM.
    German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihno View Post
      Unfortunately Reindeer dosn't seem to be able to save multilayered exr's because it dosn't supports the VFB for some reason.
      So you can't use resumable rendering and the standalone denoiser. Which makes it unusable for me right now... Hopefully he'll fix this soon.
      @ChaosGroup: are you working with him? I find it a little odd that he dosn't seem to be able to use the VFB. I've seen other plugins and scripts triggering renderings with the use of the VFB. Lesser complex though.
      I can't be 100% sure about this because we just started to play with it, but indeed you can use VFB, it's just that by default it gets disable before rendering. But to be honest i disable it when rendering so it's possible that you can't access what you need. Anyway go to "Pre-Render Hacks", in the "Output" node, last string, as you will see it gets disable there, just comment that line.
      I've to say i'm liking this plugin, it just works like i would expect instead of the always broken state sets and vexus that when i tried it was always overwriting my current scene while reindeer has this "render local" and "preview state" that allows me to test my passes and revert back. But it's possible that i'm the one that wasn't using Vexus the right way.
      I'm already compiling a list of requests (first thing is the deadline submitter that while advertised it can't be found) but for the moment it's my best choice to procedurally build my passes.
      Last edited by kagemaru; 17-01-2017, 08:22 AM.
      KCTOO - Directors

Comment

I asked David and he send me a script which should do it. Also he tolt me that he works on the VFB support right now.
        So we gonna hopefully see the VFB Support soon. I'll try the skript tomorrow.
        If it works I'll ask him for the permission to post it here.

BTW, one acctually can save multilayered exr's if the "Automatically add Render Elements" option in the exr configuration dialog is checked. (forgot about that)
        But this dosn't help because it can't save denoiser elements or the file for resumeable rendering.

David said that he disables the VFB because it f***s up the rendering for some reason.
        Last edited by Ihno; 17-01-2017, 08:47 AM.
        German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Just to tell you that I am using Vexus since december and it rocks!!! It is so faster than any other solution that I tried that it makes it a joy to make passes and submit them.

I have also very good support from the dev.

I strongly recommend it!

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
          Little Antman
          See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
          Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Originally posted by jstrob View Post
            Just to tell you that I am using Vexus since december and it rocks!!! It is so faster than any other solution that I tried that it makes it a joy to make passes and submit them.

I have also very good support from the dev.

I strongly recommend it!
            Is it possible to "test" your current setup and reverting back from the changes you are creating for the passes?
            When i tested it, i couldn't find a way.
            KCTOO - Directors

Comment

What settings are you talking about? render settings? When you tell vexus to make some "overrides" it will actually change your scene. For render settings if you want to keep your original settings for some passes, you have to save them to a preset and call the preset with vexus. so it's different from RPManager or probably other pass managers.

Little Antman

Comment

Originally posted by jstrob View Post
                What settings are you talking about? render settings? When you tell vexus to make some "overrides" it will actually change your scene. For render settings if you want to keep your original settings for some passes, you have to save them to a preset and call the preset with vexus. so it's different from RPManager or probably other pass managers.
                I was talking about making overrides about everything, if for example i have to setup stuff like shadow catchers, specific reflection pass, etc i usually change attributes like objects properties, vray properties, shader assignment, etc... when preparing the passes it's mandatory for me to have a way to revert back otherwise it's impossible to manage everything in one single scene.
                Reindeer does exactly that.
                KCTOO - Directors

Comment

Originally posted by kagemaru View Post
                  I was talking about making overrides about everything, if for example i have to setup stuff like shadow catchers, specific reflection pass, etc i usually change attributes like objects properties, vray properties, shader assignment, etc... when preparing the passes it's mandatory for me to have a way to revert back otherwise it's impossible to manage everything in one single scene.
                  Reindeer does exactly that.
                  With vexus you have to use the reset helper on all passes, it resets like you want it to. For example by default it clears user defined properties, deactivate all athmospheric etc. (look in the reset node settings to see everything it does). So you can define these with nodes inside of vexus.

It's really powerful cause it's very fast, it's outside of max so you can load any scene and just put the objects in the right layers and vexus will reconstruct all the passes in one click. you can also add or remove objects from the layers and you don't have anything to do to update all the passes.

I talk about layers but you can also work by object name with wildcards or even by material name.

For render settings you just have to know how it works and will not loose your render settings. If you set them up before thinking about using Vexus, Just save a preset and load it by vexus.

If you use the assign material node, you also have to know that this would not be reseted by the reset node. For a material override that you want to revert from, just use the one in the v-ray render settings or if you can also just use the Vexus material that will assign a material based on pass.

Vexus is just out and it's already the most powerful, fast and well thought render pass management I ever used.

And yes with Vexus you can absolutely manage everything in a single scene, that's the whole point a render pass management system.
                  Last edited by jstrob; 22-03-2017, 08:25 AM.

Little Antman

Comment

Im shocked in a way that JMartini replied to my post on the cgpress thread at the top but then again he cant delete it either. I had written a couple 'comments' on the ATK page on his site that never saw the light of day. Anyway he sounds remorseful to an extent but doubt Ill bother with ATK further as I only had it for a couple days before my HD crashed and never had enough time to miss it.

I may yet check out Vexus though given it looks to have pretty good support with the comments above.

Cheers,
                    -dave
                    Cheers,
                    -dave
                    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
                    X