No announcement yet.

Blotchy Shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reduce ur adaptive amount as well in dmc, this helps IM to be consistent more than any other value that u fiddle with so far i believe. Go from 0.85 to .7 and see if there is any difference in the quality of ur gi. Or simply use BF+LC. In exteriors is the best combination.
    www.yellimages.com

Comment

Sometimes switching the Irradiance map interpolation and sample lookup method will reduce splotchiness. This is especially true when working with imported Revit or Rhino geometry. Try setting them to "Least Squares Fit" and "Overlapping." These settings are lower than "Delone Triangulation" and "Density-Based" but will still produce professional quality results.

You can try Brute Force as suggested above but if you are working towards hard deadlines I would avoid it because it is not fast enough for complex scenes and hard deadlines.

Comment

Exterior with fine detail is oneway for bruteforce imo. IM is not that good anyways for very fine detail.
        I was reading redshift manual, and in fact they do not recommend at all using IM on scenes with very fine detail. (RS is same as vray in terms of gi models and optimisation)

BF can handle ur scene much more accurate and probably faster eventually than IM. IM needs to use low adaptive threshold, high gi settings and detail enchancement for the blotchiness to go away thus high render times.
        BF will give u better quality, equal times (maybe faster as well) and 0 settings to fiddle with.

Cheers
        www.yellimages.com

Comment

Working...
        X