Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Object Properties for User Defined Vray Overrides

Hello,
    Many Max and Vray versions ago, I recall being able to right click on an object, go into the object properties and see additional Vray specific overrides at the object level (similar to what the Vray Override material does now). In a newer 2017 project, I see nothing, but if I open an older project where this had been done, I see a handful of vray settings listed in the "User Defined" properties which makes me think that it's still possible to do this if you know the language for the user defined properties. I've been out of the Vray circles for a while so I'm trying to catch up a bit. Is this no longer a recommended workflow and should we stick to using material based overrides from here on out?

I was exploring this option to de-emphasize how much time the renderer spent on proxy trees and displacement grass in the scene, the stuff that can afford to have less samples and not impact the overall image too much. Maybe I need a nudge in a different direction here.

Thanks! -Dave
    Last edited by MegaPixel; 19-01-2017, 06:19 AM.

You need to right-click and select Vray Properties instead.

If you remember it being in with the Object Properties dialog that was probably with my scripted version (Object Properties 2.0) which combines the two.
    Maxscript made easy....
    davewortley.wordpress.com
    Follow me here:
    facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Thanks Dave, Now I'm feeling like an idiot

However, I just noticed that the VRay Properties option is not always available in the Quad Menu. I just created a new Box primitive, and the right click menu only shows "Object Properties". My colleague just did the same exact thing, but he sees VRay Properties, so maybe I have something funky going on with my settings?
      Last edited by MegaPixel; 19-01-2017, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Running the following commands in MaxScript Listener, one after the other, should fix the issue:

registerVRayMenus()

updateVRayMenus()
        Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Zdravko, that fixed it for me. I can see all kinds of Vray options in the Quad menu now.

Comment

Working...
          X