Artifacts from glassmaterial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artifacts from glassmaterial

Hi! I've been trying to make a glassmaterial for a bottle with liquid in it. I have made a standard raytrace material with a vraymat in the reflection slot. Seems to be a valid glass material but when I render I get big black artifacs on the glass- If I uncheck the "reflect on own surface" (don't know exactly what it is called from the top of my head) within the raytracing controls in the raytracematerial the artifacts disappear but then it looks crap of course because glass should be able to reflect on itself.

It's really annoying cause it looks really good beside all the nasty black splothes on the surface. Any thoughts or ideas how I can remedy this? Or maybe someone has another approach for making reallistic glass bottles?

Thanks for any help!

you need to use a vray material. Raytrace materials cause errors in Vray.

Do a search in this forum for glass materials, there a a few out there.

Chris Jackson
    cj@arcad.co.nz
    www.ar ad.co.nz
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

that's annoying. I use alot of raytracematerials with vray that works really nice. like metals and such. A pity you can't do refractive things with the raytracematerial and vray

I've tried the vraymat but I don't really get it. there is no specularity slot, nowhere to decide color of specular a.s.o. Seems like there isn't that many parameters to work with. I have made the basic setup for glass that i've read about in the forums but it looks pretty flat and boring.

Comment

to get some specularity in your glass material you can use a shellac material with a mask for the specular colour and placement.
        There is a fake specular highlights option in the new version of vray that should be released soon.

Just keep searching around for materials in this forum and on www.vray.info and also www.evermotion.org there are a lot of them out there!

Chris Jackson
        cj@arcad.co.nz
        www.arcad.co.nz
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Thanks alot! I'll give it a try

Comment

Working...
          X