Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use distributed rendering to shorten rendering time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use distributed rendering to shorten rendering time?

I have sucessfully setup DR in Vray, but i find the problem is the two computers won't share the prepass time, that means the time used for prepass is same as before. I was really disappointed because the prepass is the major reason of the long waiting time of vray. If DR only let the computers shared the final rendering time, it is almost useless.

I had read some old post talking about the prepass are not shared by sevrers, so how can i shorten the rendering time by DR?

I ve try to select the 'bucket" in advanced Irradiance map par. The two computers seems start to work together, but the outcoming time is even longer than single computer rendering. I think I have missed some procedure or setting, anyone can help me?

thank you very much!!!

I wouldn't say its useless (or even almost).
    Some scenes take as long, or even longer to render than the imap calculation takes, and that is when you thank the bulgarian god of number crunching that you have distributed rendering. But thats not to say that distributed imap calculation isn't on my wishlist too
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

i have used 1.09.03 and precalculated the imap on one machine (don't render final image checked, save imap), distributed it to all nodes (batch file + windows task scheduler path \127.0.0.1sharenameimapname) and then submitted the strip rendering of the whole still image to backburner (3dsmaxcmd + scheduler).

since i got 1.45.70 i can skip the precalculation and submit strip rendering directly (imap mode bucket checked).

the switch to 1.45.70 saved 2-3 h of waiting per version rendering and several hours of rendering time due to faster displacement processing!

maybe the single strip now renders slightly longer. but the point is: i get the job done!

the only trouble i am in now is how to render to elements a single image and all/some of it's channels with VFB in conjunction with strip rendering over the network.

Comment

Hi !

At present the network is disepointed, many of us are hoping that the
        ChaosGroup will find a good solution, but I'm less and less sure...

It's a big problem...

Gael

Comment

Working...
        X