Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with displacement !! rare bug...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with displacement !! rare bug...

i have been playing with a massive displacement scene (all walls need smooth edges..., irregular walls, etc) and that is what happens:

I was getting that too, using 1.45.70, I was creating displacement on grass. I was using a box for the displacement mapping, and it was getting strange results. Try using planer uvw. (if you are using box).

Hope it helps

Comment

There goes my hopes.

I had hoped that V-Rays displacement work better the fR´s.

Does anybody here uses V-Ray to render creatures made with Zbrush (displacement)?

Comment

do a search on the forum for z-brush, there are quite a few examples of creatures done very well with displacement. as for this bug it might be a smoothing group problem maybe

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

yes,i know it da_elf, but if I disable the smoothing moved edges appears

Comment

@indigooo: This looks a lot like wrong uvw mapping coordinates. Check your Mesh(es) for that! (btw, nice portfolio you have there!)

There goes my hopes.

I had hoped that V-Rays displacement work better the fR´s.
            Hey Freelance3D, Vray displacement is way more advanced than fR's. It was already quite a bit faster than fR's in Vray 1.09 and it's much faster with 1.4x+ now. Here's a Post with a displaced little dragon of my friend tom - it's only a test and a beginning but the rendertimes show what you can expect.
            Sascha Geddert
            www.geddart.de

Comment

Hey indigoo,
              Did you model in Autocad?

I'm asking because there is a problem with models imported from autocad... Happened to me once, so if it's the case, maybe you could try something totally made into max.

Good luck,
              Joao.

Comment

yes, it was done in acad, but i solved it deleting all the smoothing groups .. a nerd solution.. but acceptable

Comment

Working...
                X