Updated - New Script "Imap Control"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated - New Script "Imap Control"

Imap Control alows you to save a series of Irradiance maps per frame with V-Ray® and then allows you to reuse those maps per frame, It also is useful to save incremental maps when creating Incremental add maps, saving progress incase of a crash. To install download the file, drag it to the MAX viewport and follow the instructions (make sure when you download that the extension is still "mzp"

Get it here http://varcht.net/index.php?option=c...d=13&Itemid=28

I think I have caught most of the major problems but let me know if you have any issues.

Enjoy
    Eric Boer
    Dev

wow pretty cool. will be trying it out. any way to take an single irradiance map created from say 200 frames and re output them to single frame irradiance maps?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Irradiance map viewer is the only way to merge maps, It would be cool if it was command line friendly, then the script could do it.

I should also mention that it is only compatible with 1.45+ and Max 5+
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

I have updated the script to work with backburner, also fixed a problem with the installer (sorry for any inconvenience) . It is now possible to send a series of frames to the farm to calc. the Irradiance Maps and then scrub to any of the frames and automaticly render it localy with the saved map

Get v1.10 here http://varcht.net/index.php?option=c...d=13&Itemid=28
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

Great script Eric. I'll be using this alot!

Zap
          How come Psychics have to ask for your name?

Comment

Hi Eric, im having trouble loading your script. I have made a button for it, but everytime I click on the button nothing appears! I have tried it in max 5,6 and 7 and no luck!

Any thoughts?
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

VRay needs to be assigned as the current renderer, there is supposed to be a warning to tell you that but I REM'd it out for some testing and forgot to turn it back on.
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

Eric, I've just tried to load your script but I get this error message -

-- No ""execute"" function for undefined

This relates to the "Macro_intro.ms" file.

How can I fix this?

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris, There was a problem with the original installer. download the latest version 1.11, it is the same link.

Tip: Did Anyone know you can install it just by dragging the Link --> http://www.varcht.com/files/imapcontrolmacro.mzp Into you max viewport :P
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

Works now. Thanks Eric.

Comment

Hi Rerender.

nice script. i wished, i could use maxscript allready.

well

i am not sure, in what situations is it nessesair to use i-maps that where saved frame by frame. Dont you usualy render such animaitons in one step ? when i render animations in single frame isnt usual to render the final image in one step. ?

Tom

Comment

the advantage to creating imaps by frame is same advantage to saving animations by frame instead of one movie file. If something gets jacked up during the process, you dont have to completely start over. obviously theres other advantages as well, but this is the big one for me.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Obviously being thick here, but what do I do after I drag it into a viewport?
                          Kind Regards,
                          Richard Birket
                          ----------------------------------->
                          http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Tricky, once you've dropped it into the viewport a dialogue box will appear informing you that you need to reboot max to complete installation. Then just create a button for it and you've finished.

RErender - I just used this script to do a fly thru of an interior with a moving object. Worked great but as I was using photons for the 2nd bounce it would have been good if I could have saved individual photon maps for each frame as well. Just a thought.....

Zap
                            How come Psychics have to ask for your name?

Comment

Looks like a nice little script Rerender, although we haven’t moved up to 1.45+ yet…

I was wondering if it is possible to alter this script, or create a new one, that allows you to add the irradiance from one frame to a saved irradiance map?

The idea would be to allow you to calculate the irradiance map for the static objects in a scene and save this map. Then you could add to this map the irradiance map for the moving objects. Does that make sense??

Kind of like what you can do by hiding a moving object in a scene, render out the scene, unhide object, make sure you have “incremental add to current map” set then render again. But the difference would be that then you revert back to the original Imap. I know it doesn’t give a real solution but it seems like a decent compromise. See http://www.core3d.com/ben/render_tests/gitest.html for an example of what I mean.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X