No announcement yet.

Updated - New Script "Imap Control"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will work, but you will have to merge the files together afterwards.

Don't know if you have seen http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...ghlight=merger
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Hi nlo,

Not much I can do about that, I guess I could add the option to delete the previous maps as it goes forward, but I like the redundancy. I have no idea why it would stop saving maps after 10 frames except maybe you are running out of memory?
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

That utility is going to be really useful RErender! Thanks! :P

Comment

Hi All,

All our machines are running 1.46.14. I used the imap control script by rerender to save my irradiance maps every 25th frame for a short 250 frame animation I am trying to do. The settings were incremental add to current map, so I ended up with a series of 10 irradiance maps that gradually got bigger.

That sounds okay so far then. However when I went to render my final animation from the irradiance map, it came out lie this!

All black! So i tried using an irradiance map from an earlier frame and the same thing occurred. I used the imap script to load the files, and then I tried just using the vray option to point to an irradiance map to use for the animation, but it also came out black.

I've got this working in the past with an earlier version, but it seems to have stopped working now. When I look at the actual irradiance map pass being calculated it looks fine, and I can't remember what it is I have done that makes the thing come out black in the end.

Any ideas?

Comment

Were the imaps rendered in 1.46.14?

Are the maps being stored localy or over the network?

Maybe try it on a simple file and see if it works just using the built in save in vray
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

I got it working rerender. It was a while since I did an animation and I forgot one key thing.

Comment

ok, im a little confused about this script. I selected incremental add. Does that mean I can use the last imap created if the rendering process finishes without any crashes? The only time I should need to merge is if there was a crash?

Comment

That will only work if you render to one machine, then if it crashes you can start were it left off and then merge the two pieces. It will still save irrmap files per frame just with each consecutive one being larger containing all the irrmap data.

I highly recommend saving single frame files per frame and then merging them together.
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

I can't seem to get the scripts to merge my imaps together. The Imap Merger script installs and runs ok but when I go to merge some imaps together it doesn't save anything out and I don't get an error message or anything.

Comment

Have you copied the imapviewer to max root?

If so I have not tested it for years, I had started updating it to use the vray install folder but they keep moving. If you have moved it to the root and it does not work let me know and I'll look into it.
                      Eric Boer
                      Dev

Comment

I have tried moving the imapviewer into the max root. It still doesn't seem to be working. Thank you for taking a look at it. I appreciate the help. I'm not sure if it helps any but I am running Max2008 and VRay 1.5 SP1

Comment

Hi Rerender ..

great tool mate, cant get the merger to work as mentioned, do you think you will have time to fix this as i think this tool would be a life saver for us .. Ta
                          Natty
                          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Imap Merger is updated, it was having some issues with spaces in path names.

get it here http://varcht.net/index.php?option=c...d=13&Itemid=28

Let me know if there are any issues.
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

Wonderfull, thank you Eric..
                              Natty
                              http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Thank you so much. This will help out a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X