Marble flooring....Please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marble flooring....Please help!!

Hello guys....could someone please help me get a marble flooring like this....http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...marble.....you see, i am working on a shopping mall project and have a marble flooring which I need to be reflective and can't find the right settings in the forum....it would also help if someone could suggest a way of doing this with very low render times as this is supposed to be for an animation and I am a little tight on deadlines ....thx in advance guys.
    Show me how to do that...please!!!

as long as you dont need glossy reflections, it should render really fast. If you do, then be prepared to pay the price in time. post your material setup and we can show you what you might be doing wrong.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

hey percy...thx for the response mate....actually, I do not know where to put up my image on....all I can tell you is that I put a marble bitmap in the diffuse slot, put the reflect to a dark grey, Glossiness= 0.95, Subdivs=30, and turn on Use Interpolation......all other settings remain unchanged...also, how do I stop the floor from reflecting the environment...since I find that when I change the Reflecy color to a light grey....the diffuse map starts losing it's strength and becomes transparent....I was pretty impressed with floor shown in the link given and needed some settings to get one like that please.....thx again

cheers
      Farhan

Comment

well keep in mind, vray is an accurate raytracer. If your looking at your floor at an extreme incidence angle (camera is really close to the floor) then your going to get alot of reflections, and that takes away from the diffuse. Thats normal. Make sure your reflection ior is set to standard 1.6. Then adjust your reflect color as necessary. Remember the the older the floor, the less reflective its going to look.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

thx for the info percy....I got that working with your help .....you are very kind....thx agn

cheers
          Farhan

Comment

Working...
          X