Updated max 6 DR install Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

after a lot of investigations, I managed to solve this issue (max file scene is 0 byte on server).

Just have a look at the following thread:

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...ic.php?t=10393

Hope this will help you.

Fabien

Comment

I had a look at the size of the max file in the network folder & it's 145kb, which is the right size so I don't think that's my problem.

I just took another look at the 'V-Ray distributed rendering settings' dialogue box and the status area beside the slave machines is blank. Should I see something in there when I resolve the servers? This happens with my wire wall deactivated as well as when it's activated.

Zap
      How come Psychics have to ask for your name?

Comment

you should see the IP Addresses of your servers when they are OK.

Did you try to launch max application on a server machine and render your file in local mode, to see if VRAY can access the VRLServer (soory but i didn't read all the previous messages).

May be this issue or maybe a plugin is not well installed on your server.

Comment

For anyone who wants the files you can get them -here-
          For viz 2005

Zip file contains
          .xml
          .ini
          .max

tlo

Comment

Can anyone do the same as travistlo for Max 7?
            How come Psychics have to ask for your name?

Comment

Yeah, Im sorry, I didnt fully read the thread topic, I assumed it was the one for the Viz 2005 DR issues. These will resolve the issues for VIZ 2005. Big thanks to Timmatron, He helped me.

Comment

I was having the exact same problem with max7 1.46.10 spawner restarting all the time...
                So reinstalled the network driver for the Dell dual xeon which was having this problem. Still no difference...
                So just for the "fun" of it, I started the max5 spawner with vray 1.09, it worked just fine.
                Then started the max7 1.46.10 spawner, while the max5 spawner was running. BINGO - max7 1.46.10 spawner works like a charm!
                Don't know why but it seems to do the trick. I have replicated this on another computer, which was having the same problem = problem fixed.

Comment

Working...
                X