Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah ok thanks Dynedain!

when i read the above :

VRay itself does not need additional file or directory sharing (note that you may actually need some file/directory sharing for the bitmaps or other additional files used during rendering).
    then im wrong and the spawner temp directorys must not be shared across the network?

Comment

do you need this vrayspawner.ini file for max 6? the help file says it is only necessary for viz, and i believe egz said in a post you don't need this file? I am having problems so i will create this file, but it seems strange that chaos haven't mentioned it.
      i did not know if it is needed.
      but without this files we had max respawning all the time on the clients.

edit: ok commando back it looks like it´s not need for 1.46.04.

sorry.

Comment

I don't know, i put the vrayspawner.ini in and I have had 5 renders without it crashing, I'll keep at it and try with other files to see.
        val valgardson
        http://www.photorealistic-rendering.com/

Comment

Wait, when I open vray the vray message say vray DLL version is 1.45.70. is this the problem? If so how do I fix it?

I mean when I go and render the vraymessage said vray DLL is 1.45.70

importing objects from other files makes it not say that but it still crashes the servers.
          val valgardson
          http://www.photorealistic-rendering.com/

Comment

So does anyone in this thread have DR working for VIZ 2005? Or max 6 for that matter?

Comment

@dapeter: sometimes, when we have much luck.

look a tthe bug forum for the thread by zloner.
              that is our main problem here.

and there are some issues with black buckets and buckets that are not rerendered when they fail.

Comment

@dapeter and long jon

I use max6 and dr for two days with 8 server

+++
                -no black bucket and no crash

---
                -server can not access the same irmap located on one place
                the irmap need to be on local disk
                -cancel need to delete files on network and restart vrayspawner

Comment

Dapeter: I have Viz 2005 and still can't get it to work, despite actually reading the official help index, notes, & everything everyone else has written here. The vraydummy60 just keeps opening & closing.
                  Tim Nelson
                  timnelson3d.com

Comment

have to use a image because the forum eats slashes
                    Next time use the "code" wrapper...it works like the image or URL one and will drop your stuff in an un-parsed box so that slashes show up
                    Or just backslash the backslashes: type \\ and it becomes \ (though not in the preview)
                    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

I have DR running without the .ini here on max7. No real setup needed, I just installed VRay on all the renderservers and started the spawner and it worked fine on most computers.

Lately one system has started acting weird with repeated spawner restarts though. Deleting the network dir contents doesn't help, I will try troubleshooting it some more tomorrow. Didn't have time to do that today.

Comment

Or just backslash the backslashes: type and it becomes (though not in the preview)

problem is when you need two for a network path like in my example above.

Deleting the network dir contents doesn't help, I will try troubleshooting it some more tomorrow. Didn't have time to do that today.

please check for 0 byte scene files in the network directory.

it happens here at random.
                        it worked yesterday, today no chance on the same system.

Comment

Just use four of them instead type \\\\ to get \\

please check for 0 byte scene files in the network directory.
                          it happens here at random.
                          it worked yesterday, today no chance on the same system.
                          Seems pretty random here too. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow.

Comment

Just use four of them instead type \ to get .
                            lol

now that´s what i call logic.

thx for the hint.

Comment

Working...
                            X