couple of problems im having

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple of problems im having

In my last project I rendered in 1.46.04 one of the planes with displacement grass which was close to the camera dissapeared. Any ideas?

In my current project, I have the sun moving around the building at different points on the timeline in order to keep each angle of the building in direct light. Is there a problem with animating the light source combined with incrimental add to current map? Im guessing im missing something obvious here

I Just did a quick test with 1.46.5 on the same scene and the renderings come out VERY bright with only direct shadows showing.

Part of the problem was i still had some standard materials (internal walls) but my images are still very bright. Do i need to delete the sun and recreate? (standard target light with vray shadows) - ill test this next

I did a quick test with lightmap and viz2005 crashed on me (i have displacement) but have seen this mentioned in other threads.

feel free to comment/ help. If you need screenies ill post them but these are very general problems I'm having and my settings are pretty much standards that have been working for me up till now (just using Irradiance map with QMC second bounces)

This is weird.....scene set up in 1.46.04, rendered in 1.46.05 renders out very bright.

do i need to lower the Dark/light multipliers?

Ive gone back to 1.46.04 and it renders properly again....

Comment

The exposure control effect your images now, turn it off if you have it on.

Comment

thanks travistlo. I did read that somewhere, but it makes more sense now...somehow

Comment

In my last project I rendered in 1.46.04 one of the planes with displacement grass which was close to the camera dissapeared. Any ideas?
          How close was that? A scene for this would be welcome, although I will make a few tests here.

In my current project, I have the sun moving around the building at different points on the timeline in order to keep each angle of the building in direct light. Is there a problem with animating the light source combined with incrimental add to current map? Im guessing im missing something obvious here
          You cannot have a moving light with the "incremental add" mode; in that case, you will need a new map for each frame.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hi vlado,

the scene is about 100mb which is a bit big but the grass was appoximatly 2.5m away from the camera. I checked my clipping planes etc and experimented with different distances and both 2D/3D mapping. I think i tried about every option!

The section of grass is part of a mesh that is only partially seen in the bottom left hand corner of the camera (24mm). The plane was pretty much flat but was grouped with a lot of other grass meshes around the development (40 unit development)

As far as i could tell, this only happened on this camera view. I tried making the grass displacement go about 5m high which was kind of halarious to look at but the grass section actually did render in that case.

Thanks for the help! hope you are able to reproduce my problem

Comment

the scene is about 100mb which is a bit big but the grass was appoximatly 2.5m away from the camera. I checked my clipping planes etc and experimented with different distances and both 2D/3D mapping. I think i tried about every option!
              I just need the grass (vrayfur objects and their sources); no need to include the rest of the scene.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
              X