license server problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• license server problems

I seem to be having the dreaded license server problems. In the log it shows a new connection that then closes I have turned off my firewall built into my router and turned of my virus scan. Any ideas?

Viz4 1.46.09 XP Pro

Anyone? I know I'm not the only one with this problem.

Comment

There was an issue with an earlier beta build where the licserver would do what you described but it should be fine in the last couple builds. Maby try to reinstall vray again and make sure to shut down the Lic server before you do so that it can be properly patched.

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I did try that, and also went back to 1.46.08 to see if it was something specific to 1.46.09. no luck........

Comment

im having issues as well.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Is not your licence server... check access permissions.

Comment

it my home pc, where I have full administrator priviliges...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

As do I

Comment

Percy, do you have SP2 installed?

Comment

no, no service packs yet.

Comment

I wonder if I need Sp2, I try to avoid these as much as possible.

Comment

Last I read discreet still does not recomend SP2

-dave
                        Cheers,
                        -dave
                        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Thanks Dave

Comment

This has been continued on the bug forum.

Alexie

Comment

sorry to bring this old topic up...

trying to get a VPN connection to use the spare licence from the office and the connection is dropping out the same way as described in this thread.

Is this likely to be a firewall issue? I can ping the relavant machine with the server running from home but when i VNC to this machine, and ping my computer at home from work I get connection timed out.

The weird thing is when I tested this a few months ago, It worked...no doubt something has changed on the work network, but I thought I'd ask here incase anyone know some solutions. Its no big drama, Im just trying to set this up so i can work from home when needed

thanks in advance, Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X