No announcement yet.

license server problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it works for me over VPN. I do have to exit my firewall wich is Kerio a free firewall. I used to use zonealarm and it kept closing my connection ( to Lic.server ) eventhough it was disabled. Dont know about norton.

Comment

this seems to be related to how vray license server handles the network connections. If you have any firewall i would recommend disabling it. I had the same problem here at the office the we use LavaSoft Adware TCP Stack Modifier and disabled/removed the SP2 firewall from it (it seems it stays there even if you disable from the "security center"), and we had no more problems.
      For those who have no SP installed i would say that must be some software from your network card that has installed it self in the TPC Stack.

P.S.: Sorry for the bad english.

Best regards,
      Daniel
      4+Arq
      Daniel Santana | Co-Founder / Technical Director
      You can do it! VFX
      Lisbon/Porto - Portugal
      http://www.ycdivfx.com

Comment

hmm this could be it. I had installed SP2 and also norton since my last successfull attempt. I disabled norton but have a feeling something is still running. Maybee I'll just uninstall norton because i've had nothing but problems with it. I'll try the TCP stack modifier program you mentioned though to get rid of the windows firewall properly. thanks for the tips!

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1
          Last I read discreet still does not recomend SP2

-dave
          Later this month MS is forcing the SP2 upgrade, users will no longer be able to reject it.

Comment

ive spent all night trying to get this to work...more just because its bugging me than anything

we have a big network at work, but the VRLserver is running on my machine which has an IP of 10.2.30.124

the IT guys set me up with VPN and the IP is in a different subnet? of 10.1.xx.xx. for some reason...I think that is the main company's part of the network so i'm not sure if we have 100% access to the 10.2.xx.xx network the server is running on (could be my problem?)

Both my machine at home and work have XP and SP2 (reluctantly). I have disabled the SP2 firewall at home and work and removed the additional firewall service which keeps running even after you disable the firewall but still cannot get it to keep a connection.

I cannot get the vray options, but at least get the message "all licences are in use" and the server at work also reports that there is a connection made through the VPN connection to home. This connection closes immediatly though and the vray render options do not come up at all.

Could this be a firewall thing, or some kind of network timeout since I am connected from home and the reply from the work server is too slow? Im really lost for ideas at the moment....but I know I had ot working when testing an earlier vray before installing norton AV at home and SP2 at work,

It is strange that I can get stuff like VNC to work without problem from home through the VPN connection, but the vray server refuses to work. Could I be missing something really obvious? Maybee I should try a reinstall at home?

I swear I've seen this topic in the forums before but not many people seem to have had the same problems?

BTW: i remembered another peice of software I tried out was netlimiter but i dont have this running (cant think of much else). PS im on the edge of trying a full format now :P

Comment

This happens usually because a firewall terminates the connection as soon as it is made. It's hard to say which software/hardware is the problem though - it may be something outside of your control. If you still cannot get it to work, let us know and we can get you a local license for the home machine.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by paulison
                we have a big network at work, but the VRLserver is running on my machine which has an IP of 10.2.30.124

the IT guys set me up with VPN and the IP is in a different subnet? of 10.1.xx.xx. for some reason...I think that is the main company's part of the network so i'm not sure if we have 100% access to the 10.2.xx.xx network the server is running on (could be my problem?)

If you can change your IP address' netmask to 255.0.0.0 instead of the default 255.255.255.0, then t should work.

When you're VPN in, can you ping the machine the VRLserver is on? If you can't even ping it, than you have something bigger going on (like the netmask thing).

Comment

I seem to be having the same problem.
                  Just upgraded to Max 7 with sp1 (from 6) running on a new machine with xp sp2 (I know. Not my choice) and have the "All of the VRay licenses are engaged" message.
                  Latest Vray installed too.

The machine running VRLServer is 2KSp4 and has allowed rendering over the network in the past.

Xp firewall is off, and the service is disabled too.
                  IP address' netmask changed to 255.0.0.0 and pings okay.
                  There is a firewall running on the 2k machine though it has been tried with it turned off and still no go.

Update - Thanks for the e-mail Tisho. Tried re-installing VRay on both machines, disabling the firewall and all components (removing it too). Nothing. No other instances of VRay are running. Still the same prompt.

Too little sleep probably means I'm not at my clearest but am open to suggestions.
                  Where is the sleepless Zombie smiley when you need it
                  Thanks

Comment

yep, I can ping the machine that the server is running on when I VPN in, but using VNC, I am unable to ping my machine here from the server machine. Maybee this is the problem?

Im sure its some kind of firewall thing. but i'll ask the IT guys this week if they have any ideas

Thanks Vlado, I'll keep mucking around with trying to get this to work without needing another key for now

Comment

Working...
                    X