Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta blotchyness

Hey,

I got the beta to work no problems. Whewww!!

But im rendering a small room, all vray mats and using my old settings from v. 109

Its coming out all blotchy and even if i raise the samples in the irr.map it still comes out like crap.

What am i doing wrong?

t.i.a.

can you post the setting F10... first of all ...
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

settings of what?
      Theres some new ones and i wouldnt know what they are for.

Comment

post an image of ALL your render settings.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Ok, correction.
          After much experimentation I found out it was reflective caustics turned on in the gi settings that gave me the blotches.
          Its weird but it never did before.

I notice however, it does take longer for reflections.

And simple-two level has been replaced by adaptive qmc. Is this just a name change or does it need different settings?

Comment

It's a lot different. Personally I liked simple-two level. I wish they would bring it back, the QMC is noisy. I've had to switch to adaptive subdivision which doesn't seem to be as fast. Am I the only one missing it?

Comment

just to point out these few things. i posted this somewhere else before
              taking an old seen from 1.09x to 1.4x this is what you will find

QMC for secondary bounces was default at 50 in vray but no one usually used it for primary. however when you open your scene from 1.09 it sets it at 50 for secondary. just lower that to about 6-8 would do. also with your materials if you are using glossy peramiters you can lower the sub-div to about 8 thats default. im not too up to date on the actual QMC pannel though so someone else can post settings about that. but for people who open a 1.09 scene and just render it and wonder why its slower. you can look into the secondary bounce and the glossys to change those settings.

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
              X