New nvidia driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New nvidia driver

Announced today in topic in take 5 section. New drivers available to correct problems with max viewport display.

On the nvidia web site I am seeing, for my GeForce 1060, driver version 382.53 with release date of 2017.6.9

is this the new one I should use?
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

I have not tested the latest one tbh. For V-Ray GPU rendering we suggest using the closest possible to 376. Have no idea what is the case with the viewports.

Best,
    Blago.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

Please see post #21 in the thread below
      https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...18-max-crashes

I am desperate for confirmation of which new driver Deflaminis is talking about and where I would get it.
      mark f.
      openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Originally posted by OPEN_RANGE View Post
        Please see post #21 in the thread below
        https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...18-max-crashes

I am desperate for confirmation of which new driver Deflaminis is talking about and where I would get it.
        It will be best to ask him :/

Best,
        Blago.
        V-Ray fan.
        Looking busy around GPUs ...
        RTX ON

Comment

FYI

I am not getting email notice of your replies to this topic

also so happening with other subscribed topics. Some otice but not all or even most. Notice that does arrive might be an hour or more after reply was posted
          mark f.
          openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Bumping this up. I have sent Alfred(?) DeFlaminis a PM about this new driver he announced and I'm pretty desperate to get it. But so far no reply. I don't have confidence in installing the most recent one that I see on the nvidia site. With a release date of 6/9 how can it be new?

is there a new driver available since yesterday that anyone has been able to get?
            mark f.
            openrangeimaging.com

Comment

I just went to the Nvidia site and looked up a driver for my GTX760 and there is a recent one in there now:
              Version 384.76 - WHQL
              Release Date Thu Jun 29, 2017
              Operating System Windows 7 64-bit
              Windows 8.1 64-bit
              Windows 8 64-bit
              Language English (US)
              File Size 393.94 MB
              Cheers,
              -dave
              â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

cool and thanks dave. I guess I'm currently short on patience, regaining my equilibrium though. things are much brighter (fingers crossed)

there is indeed now a new driver for my card also same date 6/29 as for yours. going to install it and try going back to Direct3D 11
                mark f.
                openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Hope it works out for you.
                  Cheers,
                  -dave
                  â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

Hello all. Originally I was advised the fixed drivers were released on June 14th/16th, but in the end those didn't contain the fix for GeForce cards for an unknown reason. However, the fix is inside the drivers from yesterday the 29th. I have information for you below. NVIDIA has mentioned in the thread linked below that some people aren't seeing the update on the NVIDIA site yet, but to use GeForce Experience.

If you use GeForce Experience, the fix driver is version 384.76. (https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...ased-6-29-17-/)

I have confirmation in the forums that Quadro's are now fixed with a driver update but to me it is not clear if the driver released for Quadros from 2 weeks ago is the working version or if there is a new Quadro driver which I don't see on the website yet. If you have trouble with Quadro drivers version 377.48, check the NVIDIA site again in a day or two. That being said, I do believe the ones from the 14th are correct. They are version 377.48. (http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/120171/en-us)

I'll be on vacation starting today, so if you need to get in touch with me you can email me at aj@diffus3d.com. I won't be checking my work email during vacation. Thanks!

Here is the current thread on the Area: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m...526583/page/11

Best Regards,
                    AJ
                    Last edited by Deflaminis; 30-06-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Thank you AJ. Sorry if I was getting pesky, I'm in kind of a desperate way at the moment. I found and installed newest 384.76 for GeForce 1060.released 6/29. Seems to be working so far but limited time using it. Enjoy your vacation.
                      mark f.
                      openrangeimaging.com

Comment

No problem at all. This issue has been the one I take the most heat over in the forums, and you won't get any arguments from me. I sympathize more than anything and I'm just glad this has been dealt with. NVIDIA was very good to work with about it. If you have any questions you know how to find me.

Best,
                        AJ

Comment

Maybe this is just a sort of placebo effect, but, these new, latest drivers seems to have really given me a nice FPS boost to my viewport performance in 3ds Max 2017 (Update 1)!

Comment

The new one isn't working for me. I remember the good old days when things just worked. You purchased software, installed it and went to work. Now, it is almost a weekly headache, if not weekly its every month.
                            Bobby Parker
                            www.bobby-parker.com
                            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
                            X