projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• projections

hello all i was wondering if anyone knew a way to create those advertising lights that project the advertising onto walls givign u the transparent glowing affect you see of a light projected add or text. Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks so much

Ryan

Can you post an example?
    http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

try using a standard material with the advanced transparency set to Additive.. and mabye a *very* slight volume light to add to the effect...
      Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Hi there,

I´m not shure if i understood what you mean..
        but the max standard lights have a "projection map" slot
        in the "advanced parameter" rollout. There you can load
        pics or anims as light projectors.
        Together with a volume light
        you get these nice ray/beam effects.

Comment

thanks everyone for your response. I cant find an image right now however ive tried the advanced transparency material method and it seems to be working.

I originally tried the spot light projection however that didnt give the glowing hazy affect i was goign for.

Its basically liek at a trade show where there are projectors in the ceiling where they project images onto walls or floors like logos etc. and they move around and they always to me looked like they were glowing and kinda fuzzy.

thanks for all your help

Ryan

Comment

You could use the projector light and add a diffuse glow to it in post.

-dave
            Cheers,
            -dave
            ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

i think you're refering to a 'gobo' projection lamp.
              is it this sort of thing?

when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

exaclty that kind of lighting but instead of shapes etc. it would be of a product or advertising poster at a convention centre etc. like an expo .

Comment

is it moving or static?

are you doing an animation or a still image?

Comment

Just stills

Comment

in that case, i'd probably make the projection with a spotlight in max and comp in the volumetric light from a scanline render.

Comment

That´s the effect you should get when you follow my
                        post above !

I´m not 100% shure but the volume lights should work with vray
                        as well !

Comment

i didn't think volume lights worked with vray...

perhaps this has been fixed in the beta.

Comment

thank you all so much for your input i shall try them .. i just found that the spotlight projection seemed to just not mak it look like the image was being cast as a light i could be wrong... i shall try again

thank you all once again!
                            Ryan

Comment

They work with vray, just not with vray shadows, shadow map works.

Eric Boer
                              Dev

Comment

Working...
                              X