multimattes, glass and RT gpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multimattes, glass and RT gpu

does RT gpu not respect the "affect all channels" option for refraction? im getting a solid colour in my multimatte, so i cannot see th mattes on the other side of the glass

i also noticed when using denoiser, almost all the extra channels it creates only consider the stuff in front of the glass.

considering im looking thru a window into a complex scene, this is not exactly ideal.

For the denoiser, it really needs the "Affect all channels" for the glass in order to work. I'm not sure that options works on the GPU though, I have to check.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

nope, i can confirm "affect all channels" appears broken on the gpu... its a shame because the scene that could most do with a big denoiser speedup, is viewed entirely through windows, and is heavily motion blurred, meaning adding the glass after is a nightmare.

Comment

We have never implemented affect all channels in the GPU so far.

Best,
        Blago.
        V-Ray fan.
        Looking busy around GPUs ...
        RTX ON

Comment

any idea when "affect all channels" might be fixed for gpu? i keep running into problems caused by it. i cant use denoiser on any scene with glass (i.e. all of them) i cant use lightselect for the sun, as it misses all the light coming thru the windows, i cant use multimattes for stuff behind glass..etc..etc..

Comment

I can't give ETA now, but it is in the todo list.

Best,
            Blago.
            V-Ray fan.
            Looking busy around GPUs ...
            RTX ON

Comment

just to reanimate this thread.. will denoiser work with refraction on GPU in NEXT? often the noisiest parts of a render are behind glass.. so its quite a missing feature.

Comment

Working...
              X