Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.46.10 - Matte/Shadow

Cheers all,

Is it only me or is matte shadow completely non-working in the newest build?
    Eivind Nag

I just used it today (through VRay properties). Worked fine then. Haven't tried with a VRayMtl Wrapper in a while though. Which one did you use?
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

material wrapper works for me so does the object peramiters like egz says.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Just to add, The Max matte/shadow never has and probably never will work.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

I have had some problems with the latest build but mainly when using it in conjunction with Vray Toon lines, objects with the Matte/Shadow wrapper will come out completely black unless Alpha contribution is set to -1.0
          Richard De Souza

www.themanoeuvre.com

Comment

Seems to be workng here without any problems.

Tony

Comment

The alpha contribution seems to work fine, but to get an objects shadow to show up in the alpha i have to put the contribution to -1. in the good old days it worked fine at 0....

for those of you who say it works fine does the shadow actually show up in the alpha at 0 contribution or have something changed in the new build which i have missed?
              Eivind Nag

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's been -1 for as long as I can remember using this feature.. At least two and a half years
                Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

ive been there for 2.5 years aswell, it must be the alzheimers kicking in...
                  Eivind Nag

Comment

ive been there for 2.5 years aswell, it must be the alzheimers kicking in...
                    Yea could be but look on the bright side, with alzheimers you get to make new friends every day.

-dave
                    Cheers,
                    -dave
                    â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

Yea could be but look on the bright side, with alzheimers you get to make new friends every day.
                      Reminds me of that movie 50 First Dates.

--Jon

Comment

Did anyone come up with a work around for this ? ... im having the same problem.. on an urgent job for a client... no matter what i do, i can still see the plane set as a Matte Object ?
                        Natty
                        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

What's the problem Natty? Are you using it with VRayToon? I'm having no problems with the VRay object properties.

--Jon

Comment

hey Jon ...

it a very simple scene... the pod on top of the plane... 1 vray light + skylight. Me and Daforce have been through all the normal stuff but with no luck..
                            the Matte plane is making the background image darker? and you can clearly see the plane.

Natty
                            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Can't reproduce it. Maybe it's the height of the booth relative to the size of the plane...

How many lights? Are they far away?

See how soft and long the shadow is under the counter space. This may indicate it has something to do with the way it's lit.

Hey what kind of a light do you have inside the booth?

Yeah I just did a few more tests and I think it's all due to this particular situation. Because the space is so tight you would probably want to model some of those other objects and apply matte properties.

Maybe try to tighten up your lighting and just cut out and soften the edge of the shadows, in Photoshop, where they intersect that other desk and fall into the other room.

--Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X