Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitmap dissapears when turning all objects on

Hi,

I have the following problem, i don't know if it is vray or max but maybe someone can help me out.

I have a texture for a firetruck and when i test render the texture renders just fine, this is when the truck is the only object that is turned on.

When i unhide the rest of the scene the texture doesn't render, stranger even is that this only happens on one machine.

Does anybodey knows what could be the cause of this ?

Erik
    A full render queu is a thing of beauty !

Hi there,

I could be a max problem.
    I experienced the same when loading a huge bmp (10k x10k)
    as texture. It seems that max just skips textures when they would need
    to much memory. For example. That image I loaded rendered well
    when i had just a plane in my scene but it didn´t show up as soon as it was assigned to the high poly landscape. After reducing the image to 7k it suddenly rendered. After increasing the subdivisions of my landscape the 7k
    image suddely disapeared again. (And that happend with the scanliner as well).
    I don´t know if this is the problem you have. But to verify this
    just resize your bmp to half the size and see if it renders. Even
    if it´s not supersize

cheers

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the info, in the meantime i found out that it is a vray problem on that specific machine. The object has the recieve GI parameter set to 0,3. When i set it to 1 the texture renders just fine. I am currently reinstalling max and vray to see if this ressolves the problem.

Erik

Comment

Okay,

Reinstalling didn't work. But i know now that it is not a problem with hiding or unhiding objects. It is just that the object didn't recieve GI at all when setting the recieve GI to 0,3, but only on one particular machine.

I kow have a workaround, i set the bitmap rgb output to 0,5 so it won't render overbright. This is not a solution to the problem but it will save me for now.

Still would like to know what could be the cause of this strange behaviour.

Maybe Chaos knows. Vlado ?, Tischo ?

Erik

Sorry forgot to tell the version and stuff,
        we are using vray 1.09.03g on max5, the machine with errors is on windows XP, no service packs installed, as is the same on the other two renderslaves.

Comment

maybe it is a texture issue - try to switch on your bitmap pager from the renderpreferences menu, rendering tab.
          Best Regards,
          Tisho

Comment

I already tried that, even resaved the texture and renamed it, it didn't work out.

Erik

Comment

Working...
            X