Holy $h1T!!! Vray buys Corona!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinybot View Post
    Came across this footage of the announcement from YouTuber "KevinTheDane", found it both entertaining and informative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOlVBsIenzg

That was quite fun presentation. Just one suggestion if I may. I know that this is not some kind of overly official event but the part at 13:10-13:30 could be handled a bit more professionally. Maybe Peter had a few beers too many at that point.

Anyways, looking forward to the collaboration between you, guys and gals. Maybe the best is yet to come.
    Last edited by Alex_M; 26-08-2017, 07:39 AM.
    Aleksandar Mitov
    www.renarvisuals.com
    office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
    AMD Ryzen 9 9950X 16-core
    64GB DDR5
    GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
      the part at 13:10-13:30 could be handled a bit more professionally.
      I apologize for that.

Best regards,
      Vlado

I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Iglesias View Post
        They may be worried because they are afraid that their favorite software may now be relegated to "entry level" status because of the price point compared to V-Ray.
        Well this is i do not get if we talk about product prices: vray costs atm exactly 10 euros more than corona per year (rent model/yearly paid). And i ve read all sorts of comments about how expensive vray is. Its like people do not wanna see behind their finger or are too fanatic to discuss basic concepts. Too much internet talk and misinformation is bad.
        I share their worries overall ya, but the arguments most people make since last night online, are jokes.
        Its really obvious that this collaboration will help all users by all means. And if that ever comes with some extra cost, like price going up, hell if u are professional u ll take it. We should give massive props to people behind the software that earns us living
        www.yellimages.com

Comment

I think I will wait and see how Vray 4.0 and Corona 2.0 looks before deciding whether this seems to be good or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicinus View Post
            I think I will wait and see how Vray 4.0 and Corona 2.0 looks before deciding whether this seems to be good or not.
            Yup, that's the smart thing to do.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Last edited by vlado; 26-08-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              Yup, that's the smart thing to do.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              So we'll find out in..... october?

Comment

It is a shame how the Corona users react to all this over at the Corona Forum. They have nothing but hatred for Chaosgroup, and I wonder what their arguments are based on. Most of the stuff said there is just plainly wrong. They are talking about prices which are wrong, talking about complexity and ease of use based on experiences they made with V-Ray 5 years and versions ago, etc. A lot has changed with V-Ray, a lot. And lets not forget, the guys from Render Legion made the first move, if I understood correctly.
                So Vlado, if you are reading this: You're not a bad guy, heads up!
                https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by Neilg View Post
                  So we'll find out in..... october?
                  Eh, no, it's still some time away.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
                    They have nothing but hatred for Chaosgroup, and I wonder what their arguments are based on.
                    People love to hate

Thanks

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

It is a shame how the Corona users react to all this over at the Corona Forum. They have nothing but hatred for Chaosgroup, and I wonder what their arguments are based on. Most of the stuff said there is just plainly wrong. They are talking about prices which are wrong, talking about complexity and ease of use based on experiences they made with V-Ray 5 years and versions ago, etc. A lot has changed with V-Ray, a lot. And lets not forget, the guys from Render Legion made the first move, if I understood correctly.
                      but it's the competition that Corona was given that forced the change from the earlier hard to understand V-Ray, which is now out of the equation (just an opinion of course)

Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com
                      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                        but it's the competition that Corona was given that forced the change from the earlier hard to understand V-Ray, which is now out of the equation (just an opinion of course)
                        The cleanup operations across the board started between V-Ray 2 and 3.
                        At the time, Adam was one of our users, i believe.
                        It would, i suspect, be naive to deny the positive influence the competition, and their ways of doing things, had on the later development, but the wish, and the work, was there well before Corona existed.
                        Below, the release news for 3.0, in which the new UI is visible (along with the quick settings, and so on), and the first post on the Corona Blog for Alpha 6.
                        Fifth of February 2014, and 24th of March 2014, respectively.

http://www.cgmeetup.net/home/v-ray-3...-max-released/
                        https://corona-renderer.com/blog/2014/03/
                        Lele
                        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                        ----------------------
                        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I have to say that I found most of time Vlado's head is down..........not because of this but he is thinking or contemplating......

always curious...

Comment

Originally posted by jasonhuang1115 View Post
                            I have to say that I found most of time Vlado's head is down..........not because of this but he is thinking or contemplating......
                            I can think with my head up too It's just that I'm uncomfortable being in the spotlight like that. Also, unfortunately, sitting in front of a computer all day doesn't help my posture...

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Also, seeing both Vray and Corona has the best integration in Max, I would like to make an effort to mention that I hope the merge can also benefit Vray's integration in other DCC applications.
                              always curious...

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                                I can think with my head up too It's just that I'm uncomfortable being in the spotlight like that. Also, unfortunately, sitting in front of a computer all day doesn't help my posture...

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                Should get a standing desk if you don't already have one. We need you to be an iron man to keep pushing the rendering engine forward for many years to come....
                                always curious...

Comment

Working...
                                X