Holy $h1T!!! Vray buys Corona!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vlado View Post
    It's just that I'm uncomfortable being in the spotlight like that.
    Best regards,
    Vlado
    You even registered a Facebook account it seems, so you can answer questions regarding the deal there. I always thought you didn't like Facebook
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      I can think with my head up too It's just that I'm uncomfortable being in the spotlight like that. Also, unfortunately, sitting in front of a computer all day doesn't help my posture...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Also it was crazy hot at the stage/event in general, with no air ventilation! It was really bad feeling being on stage with bright lights shining on you in 35 degrees and little air, thinking somebody will get bad conclusions about the news because you look tired/sweaty/unhappy.

greetings from Corona team
      Ondra

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
        You even registered a Facebook account it seems, so you can answer questions regarding the deal there. I always thought you didn't like Facebook
        I still don't like it, but I need to be able to see stuff going on there Also, I was afraid someone could register an account with my name and start doing stupid things...

Best regards,
        Vlado

I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Keymaster View Post
          greetings from Corona team
          Ondra
          Hey, welcome! It's good to see you here

Best regards,
          Vlado

I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I think Its great for both teams and users. All engines can grow and do the best. I have one question I didnt hear to answer. On stage Ondra say corona benefit now with DMC sampler and in the feature with PhoenixFD support and other things and I am pretty sure there is a lot more Chaos Group and Vray can offer. And this is great, I am from Czech republic and wish all the best to corona team. But I think no one say what Vray will have from corona now or in the near future. I mean something specific, If you can name it now, It will be great, what you implement in VRay or something. Thank you.

And of course wish you all the best and bright future for all growing team and for users. Thank you.
            AMD TR 7980X, 256GB DDR5, GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, Win 10 Pro
            ---------------------------
            2D | 3D | web | video
            jiri.matys@gmail.com
            ---------------------------
            https://gumroad.com/jirimatys
            https://www.artstation.com/jiri_matys
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAv...Rq9X_wxwPX-0tg
            https://www.instagram.com/jiri.matys_cgi/
            https://www.behance.net/Jiri_Matys
            https://cz.linkedin.com/in/jiří-matys-195a41a0

Comment

Does this mean that the road map for developing V-Ray will be faster?

Comment

What.. Vlado is on FB? Then join the Stack
                Anyway... I guess this would be the one of the most difficult decisison you have had made.
                I hope everything goes well.
                All the best to you and Ondra.

Changsoo Eun

Comment

Massive news!
                  Maya 2020/2022
                  Win 10x64
                  Vray 5

Comment

I`pretty sure we as users don't need to worry. Chaosgroup has proven more than once what a kickass company they are. Most fears from Corona Users probably come from their experience with Wreckingballdesk.

I just hope everything inside Chaosgroup will stay as bright as it seems for now. I know you' re all friends and love each other, for the moment. But I'm a bit sceptical what will happen in future. Once each renderer adopted the very best part of the other one you' ll simply end up with two identical renders that only differs in user interface and price. The first time I tested Corona it seemed to me like someone just tried to copy Vray, means they are allready pretty identical. At a certain point Chaosgroup will have to make strategic decisions of the direction each renderer will be going. Features one renderer is allowed to implement and the other one is not. Or abandon one in favour of the other. As I said, as users I think we don't need to worry. After all we will have a better renderer in the end. I just don't believe it will stay the way we're beeing told right now as it simply doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Here's my speculation. Corona will continue being developed and perfected as the best arch-vis renderer while Vray will veer off into being more and more a tool for VFX and movies, a competitor to the likes of Renderman and Arnold. People doing solely arch-vis will jump over to Corona and the others will stay with Vray.
                      Aleksandar Mitov
                      www.renarvisuals.com
                      office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
                      AMD Ryzen 9 9950X 16-core
                      64GB DDR5
                      GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

Originally posted by Jiri.Matys View Post
                        But I think no one say what Vray will have from corona now or in the near future. I mean something specific, If you can name it now, It will be great, what you implement in VRay or something.
                        I agree. The talk so far has mainly been about how this might benefit Corona. What about V-Ray?

Also, is there a timeline for full scene compatibility? As someone whose living partly come from selling V-Ray assets, I'd very much welcome being able to offer stuff that works in Corona out of the box without the need to convert.
                        Check my blog

Comment

quite apart from the drama and all too predictable reactions over at the corona forum, what caught me a bit by surprise was this quote from Vlado, and the Cars analogy:

Originally posted by vlado
                          Maybe it will be around, but the truth is that V-Ray is getting old. I don't know if you've seen Cars 3, it's a very nice movie and somewhat relevant to the discussion
                          I guess it's true, but it still feels weird to see it spelled out this bluntly
                          Last edited by rivoli; 28-08-2017, 03:02 AM.

Comment

I think this is great news. And from what I heard in Vienna I do not worry about it and I can only congratulate both companies for going that step forward.
                            I hope the interoperabilty will be quickly possible. It will let us use more assets, exchange 3d scenes and experiment a lot more.

And I think for both teams not doing development twice for a similar feature, will actually bring us better software faster.

Bye, Jan
                            https://www.instagram.com/bildform.de/

Comment

Originally posted by rivoli View Post
                              quite apart from the drama and all too predictable reactions over at the corona forum, what caught me a bit by surprise was this quote from Vlado, and the Cars analogy:
                              "Cars 3", Synopsis:
                              Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast cars, the legendary VLighting McQueen finds himself pushed out of the sport that he loves. Hoping to get back in the game, he turns to Cruz Ramirez, an eager young technician who has her own plans for winning.
                              Last edited by ^Lele^; 28-08-2017, 03:36 AM.
                              Lele
                              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                              ----------------------
                              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by rivoli View Post

I guess it's true, but it still feels weird to see it spelled out this bluntly
                                hmm missed those lines
                                in that respect it may be there will be "one product to rule them all" in further future .... would not mind about it at all. And maybe not...i am sure if they decide both ways they will do it for the greater good.

All i want is to create great images and be able to go deeper into the program where needed and take it easy with the settings when the project allows.

As this news shows on Corona forums and Facebook people easily become fanatics....like in religion...

I was on D2 when the announcement came and i really trust what all those 5 guys have said.

As long as i know where the code has its origins and that its been created by the enhusiasts Vlado and Ondra and their friends and tech people then i dont give a F**K whether its named Vray, Corona or combination or something completely different.

Lets all hope this marks era of companies joining forces to do well for community rather than continuing the horrible practice of corporate greed and shareholder vampires

Martin
                                http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Working...
                                X