Holy $h1T!!! Vray buys Corona!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keymaster View Post

Also it was crazy hot at the stage/event in general, with no air ventilation! It was really bad feeling being on stage with bright lights shining on you in 35 degrees and little air, thinking somebody will get bad conclusions about the news because you look tired/sweaty/unhappy.

greetings from Corona team
    Ondra
    Hallow back, busy bees!
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by BBB3 View Post
      As someone whose living partly come from selling V-Ray assets, I'd very much welcome being able to offer stuff that works in Corona out of the box without the need to convert.
      I was once told you had your income as an employee of Bundesministerium der Finanzen in Berlin
      But maybe that is a guy with the same name there...
      https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
        I was once told you had your income as an employee of Bundesministerium der Finanzen in Berlin
        I'm actually a very famous circus artist, libel lawyer and heart surgeon... But this is getting a little off-topic.
        Check my blog

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
          "Cars 3", Synopsis:
          Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast cars, the legendary VLighting McQueen finds himself pushed out of the sport that he loves. Hoping to get back in the game, he turns to Cruz Ramirez, an eager young technician who has her own plans for winning.
          which is totally fine, and the movie's ending is all but heartening. but still...

Comment

vlado Congrats to you, Peter and the rest of the Chaos family, both old and new and wish you guys nothing but success and looking forward to how V-Ray and Corona grow into the future.

Cheers,
            -dave
            Cheers,
            -dave
            ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Really exciting news. I look forward to what you guys have in store for us all.
              Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

I am happy they two teams will collaborate. Best to join the efforts then to fight / compete with each other, but both have their strengths A grim day for me would be if Autodesk bought Chaos, but since the recent Solid Angle acquisition, that has been laid to rest. Anything else I view as a positive thing Chaos has done well and is a solid company so growing it in which ever way is a positive thing for vray community, and other communities out there.
                Dmitry Vinnik
                Silhouette Images Inc.
                ShowReel:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
                  Here's my speculation. Corona will continue being developed and perfected as the best arch-vis renderer while Vray will veer off into being more and more a tool for VFX and movies, a competitor to the likes of Renderman and Arnold. People doing solely arch-vis will jump over to Corona and the others will stay with Vray.
                  Logically, it would be the only way forward as business wise it wouldn't make sense to develop two products at parallel where with each update they get more and more the same.

Unless they will be aimed at different markets as you say which would work. The theory makes a lot of sense too in that Corona for Maya never really got any attention at all and never really positioned itself at VFX as the primary use.
                  Last edited by snivlem; 28-08-2017, 04:14 PM.
                  Maya 2020/2022
                  Win 10x64
                  Vray 5

Comment

Ouch, I just spent an hour over on the Corona form; brutal and unwarranted. One thing I can't wrap my mind around is the interoperability between the two engines. If they will work, seamlessly and without converting anything, doesn't that make them really one render engine now? It sounded like double talk. I look forward to the future of V-Ray and you Vlado, take care of yourself. They are painting you with horns and a pitchfork, which is unfortunate. It's the furthest thing from the truth, so take it with a grain of salt.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com
                    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Vlado, as a Vray user, I am more curious about any specific things that Vray can benefit from the merge (except the mentioned dome light optimization)?
                      Would it be OK to let us know a bit more specifically? I believe it took quite some investment to acquire RL while It appears to me that Vray is more feature rich.
                      always curious...

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                        Ouch, I just spent an hour over on the Corona form; brutal and unwarranted. One thing I can't wrap my mind around is the interoperability between the two engines. If they will work, seamlessly and without converting anything, doesn't that make them really one render engine now? It sounded like double talk. I look forward to the future of V-Ray and you Vlado, take care of yourself. They are painting you with horns and a pitchfork, which is unfortunate. It's the furthest thing from the truth, so take it with a grain of salt.
                        I *think* what they meant is that any and all translation of parameters and fixtures will happen without any user intervention, more than equalling the features of the two.
                        Much like what happens now for the switch between ADV and RT: no matter how each engine gets its data, you get largely identical results, while the maths the two engines do couldn't be more different in a number of places.

jasonhuang1115 Area lights sampling seems to be very promising too, check this out:
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/VRay...0124992140075/
                        Lele
                        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
                        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Why have RT and ADV when Hybrid rendering is here? RT and ADV are two different technologies, which are becoming almost the same, so inevitably we will just have Hybrid rendering.

I am seeing a comparison between AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT with LT being Corona. V-Ray can do everything Corona can, so if you are a Corona user and need special effect, you would upgrade to V-Ray. V-Ray will inherit the things Corona excels at, so we are looking at V-Ray LT and V-Ray.

I don't know, I am trusting that both sides have the end user's best interest at heart. If not, it will all fail.
                          Bobby Parker
                          www.bobby-parker.com
                          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

"almost" being the keyword.
                            If it were that easy...
                            Lele
                            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

jasonhuang1115 Area lights sampling seems to be very promising too, check this out:
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/VRay...0124992140075/
                              cheers, Lele! Yeah, I saw that on FB. Actually, was curious about something other than optimization...I am pretty happy with Vray rendering speed.

always curious...

Comment

"almost" being the keyword.
                                If it were that easy...
                                Annnnd that's why I still haven't bothered with RT, a lot of my stuff isn't compatible and ends up to be problematic, and yes I could modify my workflow and material library but that would take time I dont have right now so Im fine waiting till RT hopefully catches up and Im sure it will with the brainpower at Chaos
                                Cheers,
                                -dave
                                ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
                                X