Holy $h1T!!! Vray buys Corona!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post

Annnnd that's why I still haven't bothered with RT, a lot of my stuff isn't compatible and ends up to be problematic, and yes I could modify my workflow and material library but that would take time I dont have right now so Im fine waiting till RT hopefully catches up and Im sure it will with the brainpower at Chaos
    If you accept V-Ray GPU as different render engine and not it expected to render 1:1 as Adv (it will never will), it works quite well .

Best,
    Blago.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

Originally posted by savage309 View Post

If you accept V-Ray GPU as different render engine and not it expected to render 1:1 as Adv (it will never will), it works quite well .

Best,
      Blago.
      Thats pretty much how I think about it. I see them as different paint brushes, both can create beautiful images but there are some things that makes each better than the other.
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Just like Bobby, I've just been through the Corona forums, and my god the people there are hostile regarding this partnership, it actually gets me quite angry when people bash Vray the way they are doing over there, it is completely uncalled for and untrue.

People giving analogies of Corona being a new electric car compared to Vray being and old ugly truck is simply not the case, Vray has always been the leader and hopefully always will be. The better analogy would be, Vray is a fast electric car, and Corona is the Custom auto shop that has built on Vray's work and improved on some things because they didn't have to go reinvent the wheel, Vray then looks at why people are going to the Custom Auto shop and then adapts like any smart company does.

The funny thing is that people on the Corona forum are freaking out talking about how Vray is going to destroy their software, but Vray actually has the most to offer in this relationship, Corona is getting much more out of this deal than Vray is in terms of render features.

I've used Corona and I really liked it, but more because it was new and something I've not used before, so I found it refreshing, it certainly is a very good renderer.

The thing I'm mostly looking forward to is Coronas material preview in Vray I think that would be a great feature addition.

I hope after a few months people will realize this was a great thing and calm down.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by chadstevens View Post
          The thing I'm mostly looking forward to is Coronas material preview in Vray I think that would be a great feature addition.
          That and their lens effects and I think I could die happy.
          Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

will be great to see road map of vray development , for corona we have it

Comment

I really like the idea of letting users know the road map. But I think it might be difficult as vray has integration in so many DCC app nowadays.
              always curious...

Comment

So when are Vray and Corona going to be able to render scenes made with the other renderer? Sorry if it was asked before.
                Aleksandar Mitov
                www.renarvisuals.com
                office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
                AMD Ryzen 9 9950X 16-core
                64GB DDR5
                GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

I spent the last week working in Corona. Really, there doesn't seem to be much that Corona offers that V-Ray isn't doing. I do like being able to use LUT's in the frame buffer with the opacity, which is almost a must when using LUT's. The lens bloom/glare..... I don't know, once I understood V-Ray's lens bloom/glare, it is just as good. The light mixer is nice, but I can do the same thing in post using V-Ray's light element. I didn't find Corona any easier to use, in any way, and it wasn't faster. As far as Corona having a personal connection with its user might be true, however, so does V-Ray. I think V-Ray has a perceived reputation of being hard to use and expensive. V-Ray was hard to use a few years ago, but now it is just as easy as Corona and the cost of the two are about the same. Anyway, I look forward to seeing what happens and I do believe that the Chaos guys have its users best interest in mind.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com
                  e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                  phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                  • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I have the feeling that the noise clears considerably faster when using IPR in Corona.
                    Also, when using the IPR in V-Ray, I always get distracted a lot by the light cache calculation. Something that doesn't happen in Corona. I know I can switch to BF/Bf in V-Ray for IPR, but then clearing the noise takes even longer.
                    When rotating or changing lights, Corona is a tad faster with scene updates.
                    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
                      I have the feeling that the noise clears considerably faster when using IPR in Corona.
                      Also, when using the IPR in V-Ray, I always get distracted a lot by the light cache calculation. Something that doesn't happen in Corona. I know I can switch to BF/Bf in V-Ray for IPR, but then clearing the noise takes even longer.
                      When rotating or changing lights, Corona is a tad faster with scene updates.
                      But the light cache calculation takes a few seconds, so that doesn't bother me at all, plus I get real fast feedback. I didn't notice Corona cleaning things faster. What I should do is render the same scene in both and study the two images for time and cleanness.
                      Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

It's interesting that when you read in details about people complaining Vray being hard to use, you find they are talking about older version, like pre 3.3. I do agree that Vray showing its age a bit when comparing how responsive the IPR is to certain engines. I am confident Vray will catch up on that sooner than later.
                        Last edited by jasonhuang1115; 06-09-2017, 10:35 PM.
                        always curious...

Comment

I wonder what pirated copy of V-Ray is out in the wild. Maybe, the newest one is pre 3.3
                          Bobby Parker
                          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

There's a key issue in this discussion that's only been briefly touched upon, but lies at the heart of the situation; with the approaching juggernaut that is Autodesk Arnold, Chaos, Render Legion, and every other 3rd party renderer have to do *something* pretty radical to remain in business in the long run.
                            I'll grant you that merging the two companies is pretty damn radical, but what else should they have done? Wait around for the next few years dying a death by 1000 cuts as Autodesk improves and promotes Arnold? For the first time in maybe a very long time, when you buy Max or Maya you now get one of the absolute best, industry-proven renderers. It's already there on your desktop, so why bother buying V-Ray/Corona just for network rendering?

It's just my opinion, but for Chaos to take full advantage of the acquisition, and offer a value proposition that's above and beyond what Autodesk is offering, at some point in the future it should be that if you buy V-Ray you also get Corona, and vice-versa. And when Bifrost comes to 3ds Max, they should consider throwing in Phoenix as well.
                            http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Based on past experience, Autodesk is more likely to screw up Arnold than to improve it.
                              Check my blog

Comment

Originally posted by BBB3 View Post
                                Based on past experience, Autodesk is more likely to screw up Arnold than to improve it.
                                Totally agree here. AD has not improved and will likely not improve Arnold much. I considered using Arnold over VRay since it was "there". However, the fact that I would have to now pay AD more money on a yearly basis on top of everything I already paid them for 3DS Max (which only improves drastically every 3 or 4 versions) in order to be able to net render it pretty much threw that option in the garbage. So I don't think may people will drop VRay for Arnold unless AD really makes Arnold fully free, like they did for MR and IRay. However, we know what AD did with MR and IRay and they are likely to do the same with Arnold. That's just my opinion based on 10 years of work with AD.

Comment

Working...
                                X