Achieving 'artistic' architectural renders, as opposed to photorealistic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glorybound View Post

I absolutely hate those pages with all the download buttons for crap-ware. Great little program, but awful download page.
    4 buttons ???? Just 2 for each download type ??
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

The paid banners pop up with download buttons. The first time I went there, clicking the above link, there were 7 download buttons and most were to the crapware banner ads. I went back again and I got different banners with fewer download buttons. I have gone to download pages that took me minutes to find the right download button. It's like walking down the street and guys opening their coats trying to sell knock off watches. It is trickery and I don't like it.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post

I absolutely hate those pages with all the download buttons for crap-ware. Great little program, but awful download page.
        sounds like you need an adblocker on your browser Fotosketcher is awesome! I've been using it for years.

Comment

When I say popups, I mean ad banners on the page. This crap should be banned from the internet. If I didn't know better I would click the big green download button. When you get 2-3 of these banner ads it becomes a joke. This page isn't so bad and I agree, Fotosketcher is great!

Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Well, you gotta pay for that freeware somehow. If not with annoying download ads, it would be something else.

On topic though - nice examples in the original post. There's certainly some creativity with the composition and lighting going on there. It's tricky to get that flattened feel while still keeping enough shadows to give depth to the image.

Comment

I emailed Ernest Burden III and got a very nice response. As I suspected, he has found a way to modernize his technique so his current workflow is all digital now. He didn't go into any detail about how he achieves the final product.
              Work:
              Dell Precision T7910, Dual Xeon E5-2640 v4 @ 2.40GHz | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA Quadro P2000 5gb | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB
              V-Ray Benchmark: CPU 00:52 | GPU 00:32

Home:
              AMD Threadripper 1950X 3.4GHz 16-Core | 32GB RAM | (2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB
              V-Ray Benchmark: CPU 00:47 | GPU 00:34
              https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kXKcxG

Comment

Working...
              X