Black vraymaterials in viz4 viewports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black vraymaterials in viz4 viewports

I've searched through many posts on this subject but none of the suggestions help with my viz4. Vraymaterials look fine in the mat editor after changing the "renderer options" but they are always black in the viewports. Is this a limitation of viz4 or maxtreme? Tired of working in the dark here, thanks!
    "A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
    -Mitch Hedberg

same here using viz 2005 with default vray mat...black scene. This is only a recent problem but i just turn on edges faces and thats good enough

Comment

I know it's a bit of a work around but you could use a shell material to have a standard materials in your viewport and vray mat at render time. I think Shell Mat is available in viz 2005 not sure about viz 4, I use max. Or you could use a Blend material... not sure if that will slow your render times though...??

Hope it helps.

Comment

sorry if you've done this already but have you tried adjusting the global tint to a higher value in the environment settings?
        when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

In Viz4, you need to go in options of your mat. editor..., you'll find in there a check box asking you wich renderer to do your previews "balls" with;
          Default is scanline, just change it to vray, it will work fine
          In viz2005, it works with the active renderer, so this case is no longer aviable
          Alain Blanchette
          www.pixistudio.com

Comment

In Viz4, you need to go in options of your mat. editor..., you'll find in there a check box asking you wich renderer to do your previews "balls" with;
            Default is scanline, just change it to vray, it will work fine
            In viz2005, it works with the active renderer, so this case is no longer aviable
            he said they look fine in the mat editor but black in the viewports so i don't think that's the issue...
            when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Yes they look fine in the mat editor after changing the options but still no luck in the viewports. The hunt continues...
              "A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
              -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
              X