Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean Displacement in Vray 3DS Max

Hello,

Does anyone know a good way of doing Ocean displacement in 3DS Max Vray? You used to be able to install a trail version of Phoenix which was fine for doing an ocean in a still image but not anymore it seems... For the amount that I would use Phoenix it's not really worth buying a license just for the odd static sea

In case you already have PhoenixFD installed a as trial version even if it is expired you can still use its PhoneixFDOceanTex texture.
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

You can still use the trial of Phoenix FD to do Ocean displacement, The vector map is no longer in the general maps tab but now has it's own Phoenix maps tab. see below.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	PhoenixFD OceanTex.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	970491 ​​​​​​​Cheers.

Comment

Thanks guys. I've recently upgraded to 3DS Max 2018 and downloading a new trial of Phoenix is greyed out for me... I'll try emailing Chaos Group. It would be handy if this simple thing was included with VRay

Comment

Originally posted by Jameswhita View Post
          Thanks guys. I've recently upgraded to 3DS Max 2018 and downloading a new trial of Phoenix is greyed out for me... I'll try emailing Chaos Group. It would be handy if this simple thing was included with VRay
          +1.
          I would love to have that map in vray.
          KCTOO - Directors

Comment

We have it in the "road map" but it will take some time.
            Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Cool!

Thanks Zdravko

Comment

Working...
              X