1.46.10 Simple Benchmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Opti 248, 2gb of ram..

Then i tried to be slick and use DR for it with the 'farm', took even longer because a nice dual 1.2 got stuck on the pink pot /oops
    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Is everyone leaving the region size the same?
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

I (and everyone else) should be leaving all the settings at what the file is set to if we want usuable comparisons between hardware

Comment

I didn't change a thing except turn on DR for my second image. Still done with lightmaps.

Tony

Comment

hey guys, i think by the results here, in my opinion , doesnt worth to put so much money in a dual machine rather then to buy more simple machines to use as slaves, in my case, i have two p4 3.2 and i am going to buy the third for a cheap price comparing with dual prices and so on, dont you agree with me? mainly now that we have Dr " almost" working... off course , a dual is always better but...
            natal - brazil

Comment

problem is its that 'almost' part of the almost working

Comment

Silver - I think you are better off with dual machines cause its cheaper then building two machines, dont need x2 hard drive, cases, .........
                Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

yeah askhamdesign , what i thought was that for the high price we have to pay for a dual motherboard and two processors, maybe it would rather be cheaper to buy single components , like a little hd and so on, but i'm not sure at all
                  natal - brazil

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
                    Here's a link to a Max 6 version of this test.
                    Any chance for a max 5 version

please!
                    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

I got this using the file on the first page using one computer

AMD 64 bit FX-55
                      1GB SDRAM
                      Nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra

Hmm how come mine looks darker? Im using 1.46.12..could that be why? Sorry, i forgot i had just installed the new version.
                      http://www.aidangibbons.com/

Comment

Hmm how come mine looks darker? Im using 1.46.12..could that be why?
                        Hmm. I noticed that with the SSS material.

You render time is great. I wonder how much of it has to do with the SSS changes, the new build, and/or your FX chip.
                        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Hmm yeah..sorry about that...i catn really uninstall back down to 1.46.10 can i?

SSS looks more accurate in the new version..also you can see more reflection on the black teapot...strange

Comment

edit: System: Dual Opteron 248, 3gb ram, XPsp2, Max7 (boxx)

reran it here... big difference, both in time, and in the light material... no settings changes from file at page 1.

and the old one..

and the difference between the two..

Comment

Wow thats a really huge improvement :P

Comment

My time seems to be almost exactly halved with the new build

Comment

Working...
                                X