second bounce thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second bounce thing

In vray manual it's written that second bounce with mult. 1 is "phisically accurate" but on my eye it produce qute strange effects and big saturation. Let's for exampel take wite wall standing on grass. With 1 second bounce the wall will be really dark(green).I don't know but I think that the best way is to put 0,5 for second bounce. And what you guys think about it?
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

Can you post an image so we can discuss this over on it?
    Best Regards,
    Tisho

Comment

What vray version are you using?

In the newer builds there is a saturation spinner for the GI, so you can use high multipliers for the second bounce without excessive colour bleeding.

wouter
      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

flipside I'm using the newest beta. I've noticed this spinner but if I have to used it than this second bounce mult isn't so accurate
        Luke Szeflinski
        :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

the problem is that your grass is no grass but rather a green plane. it would bleed the same way in the real world.
          what we need is a GI saturation control on material level.
          Marc Lorenz
          ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
          www.marclorenz.com
          www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Hey Lukx,

It is accurate, only our eyes adapt to this colour bleeding in real life. Just take a picture with a digital camera in a space lit with a light bulb, it'll be completely yellow if you don't correct it with some kind of filter. Altough if you look into that room, it won't look all yellow. It's a bit the same for the bleeding (that's what I believe

Also I don't care much about physical accuracy, how physically correct can things be if you use lights with values like '1' and '3', that's not even a unit.

wouter
            Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Plastic,
              I put this material based GI saturation control on the wish list a while back.

Alexie

Comment

Working...
              X