Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lightcache samplesize screen-scale

as described in the help regarding lightcach-samplesize at screen-scale:
    "Screen - the units are fractions of the final image ..... Note that the units do not depend on the image resolution"

sorry, but i still don´t understand it: when the samplesize is a fraction of the final image it IS dependend on the image resolution .....

also, when using "world-scale", the lightcache-calculation needs longer when rendering an bigger image - but when using wold-scale (as i understand it) i define the absolute number of samples in the scene .... and light calculation would then need the same time ...

sorry, but i still don´t understand it: when the samplesize is a fraction of the final image it IS dependend on the image resolution .....
    What this means is you don't have to change the parameter to get the same amount of samples if you change the rendering size.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

ok that helps regarding "screen-scale", but does "world-scale" work vice-versa - same amount of samples on any rendering-size?

Comment

both screen and world scale are resolution independant.

with screen scale, the sample distribution will depend on far/near areas

with world scale the sample distribution will be constant all over the place
        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
        X