very impressed with RT GPU today :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very impressed with RT GPU today :)

im doing a scene i was sure was going to force me to abandon gpu rendering. client added a "rich green landscaped park" in the foreground halfway through the job.

. i added loads of forestpack stuff, including gravel paths and grass up the wazzoo, and my titan x was using 99.5% ram..impressive.

theen, i had to add all the 3d shop and cafe interiors.. evermotion stuff and far too detailed for my needs. but im on a tight deadline so in it went.. whole interior scenes liberally instanced around.. surely that was the end? nope, rendered away, now on 99.7% ram. then i had to add all the 3d people(admittedly with all the 8k textures resized to 2k) and a 3d scanned rock kerb around the park, and some megascans assets, and a load of trees. resigned myself to the inevitable.. but its still working! now on a comfortable 99.9% gpu ram.

im guessing there is some heavy texture offloading going on. its definitely going slower than before. but whatever its doing, i like it. i cant imagine a pc with a similar 12gb of ram rendering this on cpu...

my compliments!

(am i to assume NEXT will improve on this aspect as well? )

I would love to see an example of your scene.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

well i literally never post my stuff here, force of habit i suppose, but a lot of the stuff i do the client gets a bit antsy about sharing before they get planning permission etc.. having said that , last time i was explicitly asked not to share was years ago..

you know what.. im sure its ok.. heres a WIP render.. ., still lots to do!..:
      Attached Files

Comment

actually since ive posted it.. crits welcome.. bear in minnd its not had any post work done yet, and ive got a tight deadline like always so i cant do too much mad detailing.. however i always seem to get to a certain level of realism (especially with exteriors) then can get no further... probably i sould use hdri more, but this is using the daylight system as client requires specific date and time..

Comment

Glad to hear. Thanks for sharing.

Best,
          Blago.
          V-Ray fan.
          Looking busy around GPUs ...
          RTX ON

Comment

Working...
          X