No announcement yet.

Plastic material using VrayEdgesTex in a composite map as bump map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bump slot in the edge Tex sounds like a dream! Yes please Vlado! Thank you!
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Yes, he is in a hurry - looks amazing

Comment

How is the coding for that feature going, Vlado?
        Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
        www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
          That's what I'm after. I don't need perfect round edges, I want them rugged. I don't understand why edgetex round corners can't be combined..
          Could you use a vraydirt mask in a blend material to only apply some noise/roughen to the edges rather than the edgtex map perhaps? I'll try to test this later to see if my thinking is correct but I feel like this might work?

Comment

So this made me wonder how to achieve this out of my own curiosity, kind of wonky result not sure if this is even what everyone was talking / thinking about until we maybe get a bump or displacement slot on edgetex? Anyway did a quick and dirty test for my own confirmation. This is not anywhere near optimal since I winged it. Coat is a duplicate of base material just different bump and color for viability, curvature map as mask to select the edges not sure a blend material is even the way to go?

Sorry, not sure if this helps at all and do not want to hijack your thread, I would love any suggestions or perhaps pointed to a tutorial on how others achieve nice procedural edge-wear?

Comment

Yep, that's what I'm talking about, and it works great with a box . But with a more complex object you have the bump at places you don't want them. That's only the edges, like edge map is working.
              www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Vlado, not trying to nag here, but when do you think is the bump implemented, so I can plan my project..
                www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

+1, would like to get this implemented.
                  Thanks

Comment

I would love to get my hands on something like that for my current project. +1 on the request
                    Cheers,
                    -dave
                    â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

Why not use the data channel modifier.
                      A.

---------------------
                      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                        Why not use the data channel modifier.
                        That's not available in 3dsmax 2015, right?
                        www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post

That's not available in 3dsmax 2015, right?
                          Starting from 2017 I think.
                          A.

---------------------
                          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I won't jump on the subscription train until I have to.. So this add-on would really help
                            www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Vlado, could you give us an update, please?
                              Last edited by MANUEL_MOUSIOL; 26-08-2018, 11:17 PM.
                              www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Working...
                              X