Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comp differences, I must be overlooking something.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comp differences, I must be overlooking something.

Hello, thanks for looking in. I'm working on a scene in Vray Next and my comp isn't matching my RGB in some areas. I have some images below to help explain it a bit more. I'm having 2 issues.
    1. The grass and trees are not comping 1:1. Using Forest Pack, Fake Shadows, and the occassional 2SidedMtl's. There are some differences that I thought were because I didn't have a SSS2 or refraction pass in the comp, but those are rendering pure black so that's not it. I thought maybe because I'm using "Fake Shadows" but the rocks are comping fine that way. Huh.
    2. Also areas of dirt around the objects are not comping 1:1. I'm using the triplanar tex on diffuse and opacity inside the dirt material, but only a VrayDirt for the blend mask. The resulting dirt however seems to be not part of the final comp, and I don't really know why. Is it because I used the triplanar on opacity or do I need to check a new box inside the VrayDirt that I'm missing? I'm stumped.
    I'm rendering with progressive and using the denoiser, if that matters. I'm also using AerialPerspective for fog... could that be the culprit? Worst case I can just subtract passes from the final RGB and then add them back in as needed, but I just wanted to know more about what I've done wrong. Thanks again!

Best Regards,
    Alfred

Bumping this to the top like a map slot.

Known issue with BlendMtls? User error? Just trying to get a sense of where I went wrong. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Alfred
    Last edited by Deflaminis; 23-06-2018, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X