Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Next GPU + Clipper + Brep = pure noise when render

Hi

I just imported a Step file (as Brep), set up Vray Next GPU and set it all up using the IPR which looks great however as soon as I click "Render Last" on the VRay-Frame Buffer window it just produces a screen of green noise. The IPR works fine though. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Can you send me a simple scene reproducing this behaviour?
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Hi

I just repeated the steps and this time it works. So must have been a hiccup in my last session.

Couple of other issues though.

The IPR renderer works a bit odd with the BREP models. The viewport shows smooth details when the BREP Viewport detail is set to "Medium" but the IPR looks like it is using a draft setting. I thought it must be using the BREP "Rendered" setting but that was on "Production" so it was not that. A workaround is to set the checkbox "Use viewport mesh" for the BREP Rendered setting then the IPR works. I assume it should just render with viewport settings when using IPR and Rendered settings when you actually render but that is not the case.

The VRay Plane is always clipped using VRay Clipper, even if you exclude it in the VRay Clipper.

Thanks
      Geoff

Comment

Can you pack me a simple scene for the BREP issue? There were some fixes regarding those kind of scenarios (rendering viewport modes of various things), but we need more cases so we can cover them better.

I've logged the excluding VRayClipper issue, it will be fixed in a future version.
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Email attachment sent.

Thanks
          Geoff

Comment

Working...
          X