Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray Next - reflections bug when "Visible to Reflection/Refraction" is turned off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Next - reflections bug when "Visible to Reflection/Refraction" is turned off

There seems to be a bug in Vray Next where turning off "Visible to Reflection/Refraction" make objects reflect black color instead of the HDRI map in the dome light. I just installed 3.6 and everything works fine there. In my scene I have a chrome object, a VrayPlane object with reflections turned off and a dome light with an HDRI map. Rendering this results in black reflections where the VrayPlane is. Please check the attached image.

Is there a workaround for this? If not, I'll be forced to downgrade to 3.6 since the project I'm working on at the moment requires this to work properly.
    Attached Files
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB | GPU Driver 551.86 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

This is a known issue which is not yet addressed.
    As a workaround try to exclude objects from VRay Properties > Reflect/Refract list, this should work fine until the fix comes out.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks, I'll try.
      AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB | GPU Driver 551.86 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

The issue that we are aware is not exactly the same as the issue described here.
        Please send us a simple scene with the issue to support@chaosgroup.com for investigation so we can address it as a bug in our system.
        Hristo Dimitrov | chaos.com
        Chaos Cosmos Representative | cosmos.chaos.com

Comment

Ok, you should have received my email with the scene. Support ticket number is 343-899-529.

Comment

We are having the same issue with black reflections of a HDRI behind a studio with "visible in reflections/refraction" off. Is there already a solution? We are using Maya with VRay Next Hotfix 1.

Comment

This bug is not fixed yet but there is a workaround.
              For each object that has a reflection, use Reflection exclude ... in V-Ray object properties and turn off the object that you do not want to be visible in the reflection.

Comment

I also tried that workaround, but the issue persists. Not sure if I did it right, wo I explain it in detail:

I have scene with a studio setup, the product sitting on a white background. To check the problem i created a mirror sphere (vraymtl, diffuse black, reflection white, glossiness 1, fresnel off). For that sphere I created an "object property" and under "Exclude list" I checked Use reflection Exclude list, same for refraction. In the list-set I only added the background plane. But still having black relections where the ground would be, instead of the desired HDRI-map of the domelight. Can't upload the scene right now since I had to downgrade to 3.6 because of a tight deadline. Is that the workaround you are talking about? For me it didn't work that way.

Comment

Actually, I just checked, this bug is fixed in Vray Next Update 1.1
                  Last edited by hristo.dimitrov; 31-01-2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

its working for me :/

vray next update 1.1

Comment

Is it possible that it is only not working in scenes created with vray 3.6 and then opened with vray next?

Comment

Working...
                      X