error getting library description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error getting library description

"3dsmax adapter error: autodesk 21.2 reported error: [vray] error getting library description Program Files\autodesk\3dsmax 2019\vray_http_client.dll"
    I saw that someone got this error before, and they solved it by making sure they had an internet connection. I have checked that and it's not the problem.
    I'm using 3dsmax 2019.2, and vray next and just rendering a simple test file using backburner to a server (a new one I'm setting up). The scene renders fine on the main computer (and on a different server, I just tested). It also renders fine using 3ds max 2017 with vray 3.6. I have reinstalled vray next once just in case, but that hasn't made a difference. I hesitate opening max on the server computer to test it as it's only used for rendering, and thus not authorized, and I don't want to use up my 30 day window, unless I have to (assuming Autodesk still gives you that). Any ideas?

Could you please check that you are running your backburner server as administrator. If you run it as a service, could you check what account is used for this service? Also could you try to run it manually as admin.

If you are still experiencing any issues, please contact us at support3d@chaosgroup.com. We are available for Team Viewer sessions to provide live support.
    Martin Minev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

We're also experiencing a couple of this error.
      We're using RenderPal as rendermanager and RenderPal is run as a service under an account with admin rights.
      So, what's the next step ?

Comment

is there any chance you guys know what causes this yet ? I still have a couple machines that randomly do this ...

Comment

Hello,

Do you often reinstall V-Ray on those machines - this error means the installation got messed up and some paths are wrong.

Best regards,
          Yavor
          Yavor Rubenov
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

no not really, although I did upgrade the machien to win10, so that might be the cause then.
            I guess reinstalling Vray should fix it ?

Comment

Yes reinstalling V-Ray should fix it.
              Yavor Rubenov
              V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
              X