Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable Filtering for VertexColor in ExtraTex-Element

Hi everybody,

sometimes I have to cache out a particle-sim using XMesh, so all particles will be merged in one object. We still want to be able to separate each particle in Nuke compositing though. So every particle-geometry gets a random vertex-color, which I can render using a Vertex Color-map in a VRayExtraTex-element later on. We also need the outlines to be unfiltered, so I disable the filtering for the render-element. This is working well against the background, but not when the geometries overlap.

I could recreate it with simple geometries, no particle-systems or caching involved. In the attached image the two teapots are one object, but have different vertex colors. In the overlapping area, the outlines blend into each other (I hope it's visible with all the jpeg-compression). Is this intended or a bug? Could this be fixed?

Edit: We are using V-Ray 3.60.04 in 3ds Max 2015.

Click image for larger version  Name:	vertexColorUnfilteredButBlend.JPG Views:	1 Size:	290.6 KB ID:	1023471

Thanks,
    Bjoern
    Last edited by bhm; 18-01-2019, 09:43 AM.

Hello,

This behavior is expected since the geometries are attached into a single object. However, there is a workaround for this - you can add a VRayOptionRE and from the "deep merge fragment" drop down select "By render ID and Z-Depth". Thus the overlapped edges will remain unfiltered. But note that when VRayOptionRE is added this setting will affect other unfiltered elements, if any.

Best Regards,
    Philip
    Philip Shounev
    QA department
    Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Great, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X