Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got an error: More than 31 elements in BVH LEAF (39) at deph 30!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an error: More than 31 elements in BVH LEAF (39) at deph 30!

What does that mean? How does that happen?
    Vray GPU (next 1.1)
    Unfortunately I can't give you the scene. Is there a log file or something you'd be interested in?
    The scene nearly takes the whole ram of my 1080 and consists of 4 heavy (CAD imports) vray meshes.
    The error occurs when the rendering is finished.
    Might be while it saves the image.
    The saved image is pure white. Everything looks ok while it renders. I'm saving through the "separate render channels" option.
    Testing on CPU now.

EDIT: Doesn't happen on CPU.
    Last edited by Ihno; 30-01-2019, 02:03 AM.
    German guy, sorry for my English.

Yes, the log file, %temp%\vraylog.txt would be useful for investigation.
    About the error message: due to GPU memory reasons, we have set some internal limitations for the dynamic geometry. They are determined in a vast set of scenes we and many V-Ray GPU users have tested. Of-course, your scene may go over these limitations.
    As a general scenario, objects geometrically nested in other objects' bounding boxes (a big deal of such objects) can produce a geometry that hits this limit. There is no UI setting for these limits.
    A possible work-around currently can be to reduce the number of individual dynamic instances by combining several geometries in a common mesh.
    Deyan Ivanov

V-Ray RT GPU Senior Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Plus you can disable the Light Cache (in case you use it), to see if the rendering that seems ok is not the light cache computation pass.
      Deyan Ivanov

V-Ray RT GPU Senior Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
      X