No announcement yet.

Light Cache and IR map problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reasons for the invalid colors may be several: missing UVW coordinates (to a large extent this is corrected for the next release), invalid UVW coordinates (applying cropping to the bitmaps usually helps), the Ward BRDF in some cases (this is corrected for the next release), RPC objects under some conditions (they need some Reflection option on or off not sure which one).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by natty
      ... well im getting an overbright and invalid colours on every object in my scene all of a sudden ?
      I too just had this occur. I have rendered this scene a dozen times and now all of a sudden I am getting massive overbright and invalid colors with the Light Cache. Once I get them the whole scene turns nearly white. I cannot figure out what I changed that caused this. When I revert the scene back the way it was when it last rendered correctly it is still doing it.

Comment

After much searching I fixed the problem by removing a displacement mod from an object that was intersecting geometry. I can live without it, and it seems to have resolved the issue.

Comment

vlado,

are there any other solutions to this issue? when do you expect the next release?

Comment

Originally posted by charleyc
            Originally posted by natty
            ... well im getting an overbright and invalid colours on every object in my scene all of a sudden ?
            I too just had this occur. I have rendered this scene a dozen times and now all of a sudden I am getting massive overbright and invalid colors with the Light Cache. Once I get them the whole scene turns nearly white. I cannot figure out what I changed that caused this. When I revert the scene back the way it was when it last rendered correctly it is still doing it.
            That particular thing can probably be solved by applying the "Crop" option to the scene bitmaps.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We had a scene here just recently that was having this issue.. I tracked it down to a single RPC plant.. (wtf?)

the real kicker is, it worked like a champ when the plant was in view, but the camera views where the plant wasn't visible the entire scene would turn up invalid, and the lightmap would just be completely red

The old keep Shutting off half the scene until you find the problem object trick worked..
              Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

yup, i went thru the model piece by piece until we isolated a revolving door was causing the problem.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                X