Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray Next GPU + Render Mask [Layer] = Not saving rendered files, they are blank images.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yavor, Great thanks! This animation is heading to around 3000 frames long now and the deadline is end of this month so this workaround will greatly help any render mishaps we find. Thanks for taking the time to find a workaround.

Comment

Got another problem and Render Mask.

I have a scene with a chrome washer moving down a Bolt.

This is what the normal full render looks like (note that the washer seem dark) Click image for larger version  Name:	NormalRender.jpg Views:	3 Size:	156.2 KB ID:	1032985

And this is with Render Mask Selected for the Washer and no change of materials. Click image for larger version  Name:	Full_selectedWasher.png Views:	2 Size:	456.8 KB ID:	1032986

So why does the Render Mask not match the full render? I have not changed anything at this point so it should be identical.

Note: Please note that I enabled the vray settings for camera exposure and then dial that back in post. I do it this way because this scene is usually 50% darker and noise was a huge issue to solve in that middle area, even with 3000 light cache samples and a 0.01 noise level. Over exposing fixed the noise issue while keeping render times under 4 mins per frame.

Thanks

Attached Files
      Last edited by D3Pixel; 13-04-2019, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Do you use the automatic exposure and white balance ?
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Vray Settings -> Camera -> Automatic exposure was ticked for this shot yes. White balance was unchecked.

Comment

Auto exposure and render mask don't work together - after you do the full render you can transfer the auto exposure settings back to the camera and then turn it off. That way render mask will give you the same result later on.
            Yavor Rubenov
            V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
            X