Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incorect reflection on a flat surface (mirror)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorect reflection on a flat surface (mirror)

Hello all
    I am building a Victorian drawer with a mirror attached to it and because I didn't want to create a whole environment just for the reflection I've decided to do the reflections/environment with a hdri map/dome light.
    Now I have the problems that the reflection in the mirror is looking pixelated and appear much bigger than it would in real live. On a chrom ball which I created for test purposes everything looks ok
    I understand that the resolution of the map is possibly to low because the mirror is only reflecting a smal portion of the map but is there at least a way to correct the size issue? or is there even a patter sollution to
    do the reflections exept for building a whole enviroment?
    An idea or tipps on how to make the reflection look correct on a flat surface via a hdr map?

thank you for any help or suggestion

Tile the map?
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

This is a long standing request I have with VrayHDRI: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...rrectly-scaled

Nothing you can do, sadly.
      https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Map it onto a sphere and use trace sets so that it's only visible to the mirrors reflection.

Comment

I've tried tiling the map but because I want to also crate a turntable animation this is not really an option. It works or a single shot put not realy in an animation.
          To put the map an a sphere or cylinder is also not giving me a good/sharp result and I don't have access to a really high resolution enviroment map of a victorian style interieur.
          I found now a free victorian livingroom model on the internet and i will try to render my drawer in that modeled enviroment.
          Maybe this will give me the result and the mirror reflection I'm looking for.

Thanks everyone for the feebacks.

Comment

Working...
          X