Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering .vrimg sequence saves one frame over another

Hi guys!

I am a pretty new user to vray, so I apologize if this is something pretty obvious to solve, but haven't found a solution yet online or at least am not searching for the right terms.

I am trying to render an animation sequence using .vrimg files, but every time I go to set the sequence to render (whether it's a range or the whole timeline), vray will render the appropriate frames, but it saves one frame over the other and does not save each individual frame with its frame number. So essentially rendering a 1000 frame animation only outputs one saved frame at the end, because each new frame overwrites the previously rendered frame.

If I change the file type to say a .png, the files render properly and with frame numbers at the end.

Is there something else I need to change in the settings in order to render a sequence of .vrimg files? I am trying to use the vray denoiser as my ultimate goal for the animation. Thanks for any help!

This seems like a bug, I'll make a note to our developers about it.

You can also use the 'V-Ray raw image file' under the Frame Buffer rollout to save your files.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Right - I can answer this one... because you need to render the VRIMG or EXR files files from the Vray frame buffer drop down... don't use the normal Max file saving dialogue.

I think the Chaos chaps are so far beyond ever not using the VFB options that they forget most of us default to the normal file output dialogue.

If I am wrong, maybe my memory is a bit messed up, but I had this same issue, so if you do some searches for this but mayeb with my name, you might get results.
      http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Comment

Hi, I just wanted to chime in and say I'm experiencing the same issue. I am trying the "V-Ray raw image file" option as was suggested, and that seems to be working.

Comment

Working...
        X