vray Next and osl problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray Next and osl problems

I'm trying to get a project that rendered fine in vray 3.6 to render in vray Next. The problematic texture seems to be an osl that I was loading as a VrayOSLTex texture. Specifically JIWindows which creates the illusion of a dimensional room on a flat plane. What is strange is that it only crashes the render on our newer workstations and render blades.

Is this a problem with the vray osl implementation? If I was able to get the same results by modifying the shader to work in max's native osl shader would it still fail?

I'm using 3ds Max 2019 sp3 and vray next 1.2

Thanks,

V Miller

I found this which doesn't cause an error.

https://github.com/ADN-DevTech/3dsMa...e958d91ce4ed86

it is the same shader but reformatted to work as a native max osl shader. it works pretty much the same except i found that the flip axis boxes needed to be checked in most cases to match the results of the original shader.

V Miller

Comment

Hello, V. Miller

Is there something special about the loaded osl? And if you could share the scene or a scene that replicates the behaviour it would be great(using the same shader as the one that crashes).

Best regards,
      Kiril Kostov

Comment

I will send you a couple of scenes. What is the best method of doing that these days?

Thanks,

Comment

Upload it somewhere (of your choice) and send me the link at kiril.kostov@chaosgroup.com
          Don't forget to add the assets that are necessary.

Best regards,
          Kiril Kostov

Comment

Working...
          X